P90X OR Insanity? TIA

Options
I am starting one and need some advice...how is your success?!

Any thoughts are appreciated! ♥

Also, what shakeology products would you recommend with this program?

Replies

• ebiggz
    ebiggz Posts: 11
    Options
    I did P90X and just finished my first round on Friday. I plan on doing it again. My results were 32 pounds lost and 24 1/4 inches lost. Can't go wrong with either one. I might do Insanity after another round of p90x.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I luv'd P90X, it is a great all round workout but to get the best from it, you need a pull up bar & free weights. Insanity is equipment free but in my opinion is repetitve & injury prone. I would recommend P90X, RushFit & TurboFire(like Insanity BUT fun) these are three great workout routines. Check out Amazon for user reviews & buy what best suits your needs, goals & temperament :)

Russ
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I did P90X to bulk up last summer. Doing Insanity while I'm cutting this summer.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    LOL Success is really what you are willing to put into the program :)
    As for me I am 1 week away from being 100% done with INSANITY..
    I only lost a total of 4 pounds and a few inches off my body..
    I didnt follow the Nutrition plan to a perfect T which is prob y I didnt see as good of results I would have liked to see?
    BUT altho, I didnt lose alot of weight with it, holy shiiiiiii... The muscle tone I built doin it! and I am way stronger now!
    Next is P90X with weights which is where the weight should really come off :)
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I luv'd P90X, it is a great all round workout but to get the best from it, you need a pull up bar & free weights. Insanity is equipment free but in my opinion is repetitve & injury prone. I would recommend P90X, RushFit & TurboFire(like Insanity BUT fun) these are three great workout routines. Check out Amazon for user reviews & buy what best suits your needs, goals & temperament :)

Russ

a girlfriend of mine has a horrible back and exercises to keep herself from further injury. She found Insanity a great workout that was good for her back but has found it tedious and boring...she prefers P90X but her back gives her problems if she does the whole program without a rest week from the program every few weeks...I mostly run and just do a workout here and a workout there that I borrow from her from many different programs and that all have their merit...it matters what you are looking for
  • PJudt
    PJudt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I consider P90X a model for how to live your life. Insanity is a temporary program that changes it up a bit. Where are you in your fitness journey?
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    I consider P90X a model for how to live your life. Insanity is a temporary program that changes it up a bit. Where are you in your fitness journey?

Just starting, really. I hope to do both eventually, but don't want to buy the extra equipment if I don't have to, atm.

I have been doing zumba at the gym, but need more and don't have the time with three kids, two who are toddlers. Zumba is fun and I really enjoy it. Hopefully, insanity will be the same. I just need to start somewhere. I'm also interested in shakeology. I hear alot of people who do the workouts, use this.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at doing both. I've been through several p90x rounds. But, I'm thinking of adding insanity in place of the p90x cardio, and just using the p90x strength workouts. It's a good mixture of the two, I guess. Insanity scares the crap out of me though. Seriously. Plyo is not my thing.
  • PJudt
    PJudt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If I was just starting out, I would do P90X. It is a total body workout that gets your body ready for anything else... including insanity. P90X also is great for giving you options and ways to modify. Insanity is also been known to give people injuries if they are fairly new or their body isn't quite where it ought to be. There is a difference between being sore and injury. I also think that if you are in fairly decent shape that Insanity will give you a much better chance of greater success. I've done both P90x and Insanity and others including P90X2, Hip Hop Abs, etc. Both program definitely work and either one you choose will bring positive change. The question I guess is what will keep you moving? What will keep you pressing play? P90X was the program that brought me into change. I now surf, swim, bicycle, hike, run, jump, triathlons, 5k/10s, etc. Good luck and I hope whatever you decide brings you the change you are looking for.
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your input was very helpful! ♥♥
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity last week. Its a good program, but be careful. I hurt my wrist 3 times during the program especially during the second month. By the end of the second month I was tired of the program. It was physically draining. I would only do it again as a part of a hybrid to save my body the pounding I took.