Exercise and Firbromyalgia

Does anyone here have Fibromyalgia? How has exercise helped? Has your pain gone away? I haven't had a pain free day in months. I am trying to find a natural way to relieve the pain and sleep more during the night. As it is I only sleep 2 hours at a time.

Replies

• rachel264
    rachel264 Posts: 32 Member
    Have you done aquatics?
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    hello,

Yes I was recently diagnosed with this and arthritis. I find that Hatha yoga works, which is a stretching yoga. I also do some exercise bike, starting on a low resistance and working up and some light aerobics. I to walk too when the arthritis in my toes doesn't stop me!

Exercise sounds odd when you are in pain and tired but I have found that doing some each day does in fact help the problem. This combined with better eating, more protein and medication means that I am having more and more 'good days'

i still get incredibly tired and do have pain but I try to stay as upbeat as possible and do what I can.

It sucks and is not easy to live with but the key is to have the condition be a small part of you and not the all consuming.

Take care and good luck. Add me if you want some support.

All the best