Tummy tuck. Anyone have one???

Options

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486615

Check that thread out. The girl that did the tummy tuck, literally just got it done a week ago.

Probably don't want to look at it at work, there are some pic's she took of the after surgery that might make the uptight folks complain.

Thank you very much for posting this.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Scheduled mine for Oct 10th!! Woot!! Actually having the mommy makeover, breast lift, tummy tuck and thigh lipo!
    Had my last kiddo at 41yrs old and my muscles just won't tighten up no matter what I do. Several friends have had
    one...they say it's the best thing EVER!!!
  • winter1213
    winter1213 Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too. This Saturday I have my tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift and augmentation. I'm very nervous but excited. Am really stressed about stopping exercise. Not sure what to expect in terms of pain since it is so subjective. Will keep you posted
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for posting this.

You're welcome. I figured it would be a lot more informative than just a short article about tummy tucks.

I'll be getting it done when I'm finally at the weight I want to be at the rest of my life. Thank God I don't have as much extra skin in front as the posters in that thread do, so I wont' have to do the full 360 incision.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    When I really think about it, the REAL reason I do everything I do (count calories, work out 3 - 6 times a week, cut down on sugar and carbs, etc.) is to have a pretty tummy. It's just NOT happening. I am a very healthy weight and have been so for almost a decade. I work out all the time including running (13.5km recently) and doing things like pilates, yoga, and the 30 day shred which *should* give me pretty abs.

I was overweight for quite a while. I had big baby. I had a pretty sloppy cesarian.

So, just last night, I was talking about maybe getting a tummy tuck. I was slightly horrified and slightly relieved that my boyfriend thought it would be a great idea. Just like someone else on this forum had said to them, I was told that it's not fat, it's skin. I think it's a little fat, but I also know that no matter how skinny/healthy/fit I am, my lower abs are a problem.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It's interesting that I don't see one regret. Does anyone feel like they took the easy way out? I think that's my objection. It just feels so Hollywood-wife to me to do this. And yet, I don't think that about anyone who's had one done.
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I have scheduled mine for August 3 and I'm pretty excited. I have NEVER had a nice tummy. My weigt has always been right in the middle. In the last 3 years I've lost 70 pounds and now it's just saggy and stretch marky and yuck. I am conflicted about the procedure since it's cosmetic and I feel somewhat vain but it's something I've thought long and hard about. My challenge now is to quit smoking. I'm on my last pack and I know it's not going to be the most pleasant thing in the world. I've been researching why it's so important to quit and I'm the fear factor will help me in times of weakness! LOL!!
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well I only went to one free consultation and the doctor told me I needed liposuction first and then a tummy tuck. I am to afraid to go in for lipo all over my middle and flanks. I am depressed. He basically told me I was fat!!! So maybe all I need to do is lose weight??? Ugh so frustrated!!!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh no, no, no!!!
    Go to another surgeon for another consultation.
    Did one of your friends recommend that guy or ?
    Talk to your friends and their friends and their friends....
    I found my surgeon by talking to lots and lots of women.
    My surgeon came highly recommended and I loved him
    from the first time I met him!! I can't wait for Oct 10th to
    get here!!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    When I really think about it, the REAL reason I do everything I do (count calories, work out 3 - 6 times a week, cut down on sugar and carbs, etc.) is to have a pretty tummy. It's just NOT happening. I am a very healthy weight and have been so for almost a decade. I work out all the time including running (13.5km recently) and doing things like pilates, yoga, and the 30 day shred which *should* give me pretty abs.

I was overweight for quite a while. I had big baby. I had a pretty sloppy cesarian.

So, just last night, I was talking about maybe getting a tummy tuck. I was slightly horrified and slightly relieved that my boyfriend thought it would be a great idea. Just like someone else on this forum had said to them, I was told that it's not fat, it's skin. I think it's a little fat, but I also know that no matter how skinny/healthy/fit I am, my lower abs are a problem.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It's interesting that I don't see one regret. Does anyone feel like they took the easy way out? I think that's my objection. It just feels so Hollywood-wife to me to do this. And yet, I don't think that about anyone who's had one done.

Def not the easy way out! I've put in hard work to get healthy, only to have this flap of pizza dough that hangs over my undies. It wasn't going anywhere, and I wasn't happy about it. Here are my before and afters: http://www.realself.com/review/ohio-tummy-tuck-whirlwind

Triplet mom ~ How much more weight do you have to lose? I think the recommendation is to be within 10% of your goal weight. I was at my goal weight when I had the surgery done, did not have lipo. I don't think it's needed and it's much more painful to have both done from the reviews I've read!
  • ABerneche
    ABerneche Posts: 2
    Options
    I had a mini & lipo after 3 kids (not all at once) about 8 years ago. After gaining weight back my lower belly is flat but the HUGE roll above it is hard to get rid of. Plus, its harder to tighten up those muscles after they've been cut into. AND I have a HUGE UGLY C-section scar & I never had a C-section! & the lipo I had at my hips & in my belly, seems like the fat came back times 3! Needless to say, it was a quick fix I felt good about then but if you don't keep up with it, it certainly won't last! I can honestly say, it was a waist of nearly $9000! I hope you have better results! Good Luck!
  • winter1213
    Options
    Surgery is in about 15 hours - so yeah am a little panic-y but dealing with really trying to get my life in order. Am gonna try to blog about it, but will keep you posted.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Surgery is in about 15 hours - so yeah am a little panic-y but dealing with really trying to get my life in order. Am gonna try to blog about it, but will keep you posted.
    Please keep us posted! The Mommy Makeover is my dream! I used to think cosmetic surgery was shallow and vain. Now that I'm staring down 40, flabby, saggy, and stretch marked, I say "bring on the shallow vanity!"
  • winter1213
    Options
    Well surgery was done this morning been home for about 6-7 hours.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one but I WANT one!!! I had two c-sections 16 and 13 years ago and was heavy and yo-yo'd in my weight for 22 years. I'm finally at a healthy weight and have a great relationship with food for the first time. I've discovered running and weight lifting and am healthier and smaller than ever before. Now if I could get rid of the tummy I'd be SOOOO happy! That would finally help me feel like the sexy mama I know I am. I am wondering if my insurance would cover since after my second child the belly is completely uneven. The right side sticks out quite a bit farther than the left. It's so strange! Nobody notices in clothes, but I notice especially when I bend over or when doing yoga and such. It's super annoying! Whenever it happens I'll be thrilled, but for now I have to wait. Unless it was 100% covered I can't afford it... teenagers are expensive!!!! LOL!

Good luck to all of you having this done, I'm so jealous!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options

Def not the easy way out! I've put in hard work to get healthy, only to have this flap of pizza dough that hangs over my undies. It wasn't going anywhere, and I wasn't happy about it. Here are my before and afters: http://www.realself.com/review/ohio-tummy-tuck-whirlwind

Triplet mom ~ How much more weight do you have to lose? I think the recommendation is to be within 10% of your goal weight. I was at my goal weight when I had the surgery done, did not have lipo. I don't think it's needed and it's much more painful to have both done from the reviews I've read!

Thanks so much Katapple! Your journal and those pictures were very helpful to me. I've been mulling this over the past few days. I have definitely had a sea change - the mess of my lower abs is due to surgery, so why not have surgery to fix it? I won't be able to do it right away. But, this has been a great way for me to think and "talk" about it. Congratulations - you look great! Take care!
  • winter1213
    Options
    Well its been 24 hours and I'm still pretty sore, but improving. The breasted lift and implants while swollen don't really bother me at all. The tummy tuck is another story. I have 2 drains and the doctor is keeping me bound till my post op tomorrow. I don't really know what I look like yet. You will definitely need someone strong with you the first 24-48 hours; because you'll need help getting up and down. So far so good.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Thanks so much Katapple! Your journal and those pictures were very helpful to me. I've been mulling this over the past few days. I have definitely had a sea change - the mess of my lower abs is due to surgery, so why not have surgery to fix it? I won't be able to do it right away. But, this has been a great way for me to think and "talk" about it. Congratulations - you look great! Take care!

You're welcome! Good luck on making your decision :)

Winter ~ the drains stink! When you take a shower tie them to a piece of yarn and put it around your neck, it helps a ton! Sounds like you are recovering well :)
  • mamabear23
    mamabear23 Posts: 15
    Options
    I had one done on June 27. I started a blog for my own purposes so I can remember little tid bits but am willing to share here too.

www.erinstummytuckjourney.wordpress.com
  • mamabear23
    mamabear23 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I am one week post-op today and I am feeling great. My only complaint is the drains and they come out tomorrow. I've had 3 c-sections and they were so much more pain than any of this for the tummy tuck. I'm just so excited to see the end result when all the swelling goes down finally!! But I'm down over 13 pounds so far and almost 2 sizes.
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello There!
    I am getting a tummy tuck in August as well! I am excited about it. I wake up everyday irritated that all of my hard work is not producting the stomach I want. I had 2 children and my 2nd one made me eat alot of cheesecake and caused me to have diastatsi recti (split ab muscles). So I am going to have my abs repaired and I am totally excited about it!