HOT HOT HOT by the HOLIDAYS (yes, they're coming up)!

Options

Replies

• AMike98
    AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join your group as well. I need SO MUCH motiviation right now. I would love to lose 50 pounds by the holidays. 70 is what I really need to lose but I'll see how 50 feels.

Angie
  • CarbNinja
    CarbNinja Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to join in on a challenge like this. 30 pounds seems reasonable by Chirstmas, but ultimately it would be 42 pounds.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hi, I am 5.3

sorry cannot quote :( it never works for me
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Wow - we're getting big! I LOVE IT!

So I started the day out with grocery shopping for some organic beets, collard greens and polenta! For dinner, I am making steamed beets atop beet greens with garlic atop grilled polenta! Very excited! LOL

So, I have read the posts and I wanted to say quickly that I love people are organizing their week and getting ready to "Find the Groove." Everyone's groove is different and as long as you find it, you're golden!

Sometimes, life does happen and we can't workout... No worries, just let it go and prepare for the next day!

I did Jillian Michael's Blast Fat and Boost Metabolism and WOW- it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I was definitely nowhere close to where I was a year ago with it! LOL Oh well, good to have done it... SCREAMING might I add! LOL

A lot of people have been talking about needing motivation and I'm glad this thread is here (and really MFP overall) to help you! It really is a great tool, and studies show that people who have a partner (or website) and log their food/exercise DO HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF REACHING THEIR GOALS! So, stick with! :D I like creating threads because that is MY MOTIVATION! I love hearing that you are motivated by me and that therefore motivates me to keep going! SO THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING ME!!!!!!!!

TIP OF THE DAY FOR EATING CLEAN, HEALTHY, WHOLE FOODS OVER SNACKING ON JUNK...
    As soon as you get home from your store/market of choice with ALL your fresh veggies/fruit...

(I buy apples, bananas, pears, grapes, oranges, apples, blueberries, peaches, pineapples, mangoes, watermelon, avocados, tomatoes, broc, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, cucumbers, squash, zucchinis, onions, all sorts of greens, beets, potatoes, red peppers, etc)

Go ahead and put on some music, grab your cutting boards, knives and some air tight containers and start washing and cutting as much as possible! I know it seems like a pain in the *kitten*, but really, if you take the 30 minutes on whatever day/evening you have free, the week will be much kinder too you! You will look in your fridge and see an array of beautiful chopped veggie and washed fruit! Get your family/children involved! Sure, maybe not let them use the big knives, but they can definitely wash and dry fruit, place it in a pretty bowl AND learn some healthy habits!

This way, it's just as easy to grab a washed cut up bunch of carrots as it would be to grab chips! Which reminds me...

If you have chips or other processed crap in the cupboards- don't kid yourself- throw it out or give it somebody at work! I know we all think we can have it "here and there," but leave that for emergencies or better yet, as an unexpected treat when you are out. There is no reason to keep that stuff in the house- you're only setting yourself up to fail! :D

Here is a pic of my fridge! I hope I can post this pic correctly! LOL

s2upsx.jpg
  • bluedevil4ever
    bluedevil4ever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I am 5'7 and need to lose another 50lbs.

I have already lost about 40, and it has taken a lot of work. Right now I think is the right time to get some support, as I have been feeling a bit down when I realized I still have ways to go. I have been following this plan and will continue: cardio for 45 min-1hr 6 days a week (mostly running and stationary bike); weight/core training 2-3/week. About 1200 calories a day on average, sometimes more, sometime less, just depends, but should never be hungry (except for right before bedtime). I am trying to eat very-very clean, which means low simple carbs, more complex carbs in the morning, lots of veggies and good lean protein, no eating after 6pm, no artificial sweeteners. I do plan my workouts and try to get them done earlier, because later in the day there is always something competing for my time. I also plan my meals, but for simplicity's sake I just eat the same thing pretty much every day, which I don't mind at all. In fact, I love and look forward to the same meal.
    My goal is to get rid of extra fat and become really fit. I hate extra fat jiggling and weighing me down when I run and fat sticking out when I sit. I carry most of my fat in the middle and my thighs. I want to be lean and strong. I'd like to be able to run light, like a gazelle. LOL.
    I think I have about 50 lbs to lose, maybe 10 more than that, but let's just lose 50 and see then what needs to be done. Holidays are great to target for, because I lose about 6 lbs per month, but it has been slowing down. Glad to be here!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm in would love to lose 40 lbs before Christmas!
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this solo (w/out joining any groups), but I need accountability. I would love to lose another 30-35 pounds. I have 2 small children at home, so I exercise here. I love walking!
    Thanks for starting the group! My name is Hope btw :)
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group too and I just have to say how amazing your fridge looks! I want my fridge to look like that too :)

I recently started washing all my fruit and veggies as soon as I come home from the grocery store and it has made a huge difference for everyone in my house. Such a time saver! After seeing your fridge, I think I will start chopping the vegetables too. My daughters will LOVE that!! They love their veggies!

I have about 60 pounds to lose. I am on 4 different prescribed steroids right now (asthma and allergies) so that is adding to the challenge but I am going to keep at it and try not to get frustrated if it is slow going. I love all of your motivational posts so reading them should be a big help to me. I love happy, excited people!!! It makes me want to be one too :)

I have been planning my meals a week at time, but I like the idea of planning out exercise too. For some reason it never occurred to me to do that. Which seems silly now!

Well I am going to look up "blogilates" now, I have never heard of it but it sounds interesting.
  • JNJN25
    JNJN25 Posts: 60
    Options
    Add me too...I would love to lose 50 to 60 pounds...
  • wandam1965
    Options
    Wow this group is really growing

Love the refrig I cannot say the same about how great your refrig looks we do a lot of frozen veggies and canned with no salt added since i live in a very small town and over an hour away for the nearest reasonable shopping.

I am a mom of 4 ages 26 dow to 3 and my two youngest both being pre-school ages love to exercise with mommy.

Today I did the wwii for 1/2 hour along with playing with the kids in the yard for about 2 hours before it got to hot to be outside over 100 today.

My goal is i know this christmas i want to be a lot lighter but next christmas i want to be in ONEderland. I use to set my goals really high and fast but I did not put it on overnight so i know it will not come off overnight. I have about 150 to loose so my journey is just beginning.

I wish everyone the best of luck in achieving their goals as I work toward my goal.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kim- Love how the fridge looks. Mine is getting there. We love meat so mine is stocked with that as well. Really like the idea of cutting and washing everything. I go one step further and either tupperware or baggie pre-measured fruits/veggies and snacks. Your Dinner sounds wonderful to me with a little meat, however, it would never fly in my house. My dad is living with us and a co-owner in hubby's business. They do physical labor all day long and don't get paid by the hour which means a) lunch is super light (no time and it is just too hot) b) dinner is the main meal of the day so it is always a big carb/protein meal. That being said I do what I can to make it healthy and my favorite new thing is I don't buy pasta or bread everything is home made from scratch. Less preserves and I can control the ingredients. They have not caught on but everything is half white/half wheat soon to be 1/3 white/ 2/3 wheat.
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey

I would love to join in -loving this super motivational thread!

Am 30, married and have recently dropped 30 pounds with approx 13 to go till I reach my goal weight of 126 (am 5'4). Plan is to review at that point and maybe aim for 122.

Have recently lost my diet and exercise mojo after being on holiday but this week am determined to get back on track.

I love going to classes and try and fit them in most nights Monday -Thursday, they range from body attack, pump, zumba to aerobics and legs bums tums, Friday/Saturday I tend to hit the gym and do 30 mins on the cross trainer and some weights, Sunday I squeeze in a body attack class to round off my week.

Some weeks I work out more than others depends on how I am feeling.
  • abigailmariecs
    Options
    Hey

I would love to join in -loving this super motivational thread!

Am 30, married and have recently dropped 30 pounds with approx 13 to go till I reach my goal weight of 126 (am 5'4). Plan is to review at that point and maybe aim for 122.

Have recently lost my diet and exercise mojo after being on holiday but this week am determined to get back on track.

I love going to classes and try and fit them in most nights Monday -Thursday, they range from body attack, pump, zumba to aerobics and legs bums tums, Friday/Saturday I tend to hit the gym and do 30 mins on the cross trainer and some weights, Sunday I squeeze in a body attack class to round off my week.

Some weeks I work out more than others depends on how I am feeling.

Congrats on the weight loss. We are headed out Thurs or Friday for a short holiday and I am praying for time to swim so I can keep it up. I am hopeing that with this wonderful group I won't fall off the motivation waggon when I get back.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Goooooood Morning! I woke up feeling excellent! Got up 1.5 hours before my alarm and started meditating for about 30 minutes! Oh that extra time in the morning is just blissful! :) I think my sleep schedule is finally getting back to normal after traveling for so much since May! I think the diet, and exercise is helping too... Let me rephrase that. I KNOW THE DIET AND EXERCISE IS HELPING REGULATE MY BODY! :D There! LOL

I am sipping my green smoothie as I type this! Soon, I will do my workouts and get ready for the day! :) Which is a spa day for me! I am going to get a facial, eat lunch at my favorite Raw Vegan place, will read some of the Jillian Michael's book I just picked up from the library (Unlimited- anyone read it?), and then will come home to relax, put together a pilates routine for tomorrows new studio and then back to cooking and cleaning! LOL

:heart: Abigail- that is a great idea to pre-measure the snacks! I did that for the first couple of years I got my fridge in order, but after awhile, just like memorizing calories (I know like all food- minus meat as I don't eat it), you just KNOW what a serving is! So great way to train your mind! :D Curious about the meal plans- what do you do for breakfast? :)

:heart: WELCOME MARIANE AND WANDAM!

Just as a little something to motivate you, whether you believe in it or not, this is a fun way to open up my "TO THINK ABOUT TODAY" action

:flowerforyou: ♥ ♥ ♥ Happy SUMMER SOLSTICE ♥ ♥ ♥ :):flowerforyou:

"The Summer Solstice is on June 20 at 5:09 PM Mountain Daylight Time, one of the most powerful transition times of the year. This is a highly energized and highly creative time of maximum growth potential. Ask for miracles, be in community, pray, be in gratitude, in love, in full bloom. Definitely be around beauty and in an environment that deeply inspires you.

Stay away from conflict and what you know to be a lower vibration. Whatever you are doing at this time it should feel really good. Every breath you take should take you into a higher centered space. Open yourself up to Vision that will help organize your creativity in the direction spirit wants to take you. This time offers a portal to a higher expanded sense of self. Let go of the small contracted provincial thinking and perception of the fearful false personality and allow yourself to dream big. As long as you are aligned with spirit, your dream will flourish and take flight."

:heart: APPARENTLY, WE ARE ALL HERE AND STARTED THIS THREAD AT THE RIGHT TIME! TELL ME, WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR AND CAN FOCUS ON INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT WEIGHT AND THE "WHAT IF I FAIL" MENTALITY?

For me, I'm thankful for the ability to move on, move forward and to let go of the past. For today is the present, not the past or the future.... Truly, a gift!
  • abigailmariecs
    Options

:heart: Abigail- that is a great idea to pre-measure the snacks! I did that for the first couple of years I got my fridge in order, but after awhile, just like memorizing calories (I know like all food- minus meat as I don't eat it), you just KNOW what a serving is! So great way to train your mind! :D Curious about the meal plans- what do you do for breakfast? :)

Breakfast for the boys is big. Egg bakes, meat n eggs, pancakes or french toast with a fruit topping and homemade jam (syrup makes them sick in the heat) and oatmeal are regular breakfast fare in my house (not all at once). On the other hand I usually have cereal (love Honey Bunches of Oats) and sometimes fruit with it. On occasion I have 1-2 eggs ( I make 2 and share with the kids) 1/2 slice of toast with pb usually (kids get other 1/2) and plain yogurt with fruit mixed in or a yoplait fruit yogurt, sometimes there is some extra protein just depends if the guys finish it all or not. I have only started eating breakfast within the last few months as it use to make me sick for most of the day but after weeks of forcing myself to eat something and starting really small I can now have a reasonable breakfast.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Just wanted to make sure you were eating the most important meal of the day! :) i used to not eat breakfast back in the day, so I totally understand. I recommend green smoothies! They are the best, cheapest, and MOST NUTRIENT DENSE food you can eat (leafy greens that is) and you can get your entire servings for the day! It's low cal, high nutrient and high energy! :D I am going to do a post about Green Smoothies tomorrow morning or later today! :)

Well, done with my workouts and ready to for my facial and "kim time." Loving it! Oh and I think for dinner I am making a "chicken orzo salad" black kale wrap sided with sweet raw white corn on the cob! DELISH!!!

Make today great! :D
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this group! Are we going to do a "group" thing? Do we need to check in often? What's the requirements? :0) Can't wait to meet each of you!

SEND ME A REQUEST and we will support each other all the way!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. I will add more about me later. Oh my goodness that fridge looks awesome! Mine is a jumbled mess lol I have lost 40 pounds and have over 80 pounds more to go. I would like to lose 50 by the end of the year though on my journey to being fit. Hotness I can't even fathom I just don't feel like that is something I have ever been or will ever be....not that I am hideous but I am definitely not what society thinks of as good looking.