Hi!

I started my weight loss journey a month ago, about 2 week after I lost my mother to cancer. As of today, I am down 10 pounds! I still have a lot to go, but my small success is keeping me motivated to lose more!

Replies

• leanneb205
    leanneb205 Posts: 76
    Hi, good luck on your weight loss journey. I've just started my journey too and have a V. long way to go
  • sheybass
    sheybass Posts: 9
    Hi. I'm also pretty new here. Sorry about your mum and good luck! :)
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My own mother died when I was 27. When you're ready, please get the book Motherless Daughters. It's very helpful.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss:-( I am 57 now, but I lost my mom to cancer when I was 21....2 weeks after I got married. I would be happy to support you in your journey to get in shape and change your lifestyle. Your mom would be proud, and it is always good to work on being healthier!! Add me if you like.......I'm sending positive thoughts your way:-)
  • welcome!

im so sorry for your loss, but that's awesome you are still continuing on your weight loss. 10 lbs is a great start! keep it up! :)
  • jesswilks
    jesswilks Posts: 31
    hi i am still pretty new on here as well add me if you would like, sorry about your mom
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Awesome! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    sorry to hear about your mom, welcome to MFP, i love it since i started 7 months ago, and losing 10 pounds is a great start
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss! That is one of the hardest thing to go through.

It's wonderful that you have kept the weight off. Your doing a great job...keep up the good work!
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    So sorry you lost your mom. That is a tough one. Good luck on your journey to get healhier. I bet your mom would be proud.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    I lost mine to cancer as well in 2003. Looks like we planned the same journey to a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me; I check in three times a day and I never ever delete people for missing days, or weeks, or months... :flowerforyou:
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Thanks so much everyone! It is so awesome to have such a caring support system!