Alcohol and Calories???

Options
2»

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i would just be buisness as usuall and have the drinks and then resume the diet the next day

^this, as a :drinker: this ^
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    I had a big occasion last night, knew I was going to drink a lot, I worked out for over 2 hours, and did everything I did all day in a more active way, so I knew I could drink guilt free! Don't skimp on food, just try and work it off :)
  • michellegrant1
    michellegrant1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you dont like vodka with water, vodka with diluted juice is really nice too, and probably less calories than coke! just an idea :)
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I usually figure out how much I'm going to drink and then earn it. I wouldn't skimp on food but would eat more filling, water based foods with lower calories so you can have more (lots of veggies) and I would work out to burn the calories beforehand!!!

I also agree that drinking shouldn't mean getting intoxicated. Pick a number of drinks that you are willing to burn the calories for and just spread them out over the night. Do more mixed drinks with diet sodas, not adding more calories.

But if this is not a normal thing then I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it is a normal thing you should reevaluate why you are drinking so much and why you need alcohol to have fun. (sorry the addictions counselor in me is coming out). Binge drinking is a form of alcohol addiction/abuse and can cause a lot of problems.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Actually, "calorie wise" vodka is one of the best. It's actually around 50-60 a shot. It's what you mix with it that ups the calories.
    If I drink vodka I mix it with club soda and then squeeze some lemon in it. That way I don't add more calories, and I stay hydrated. :wink:
    Generally, though, If I'm going to have alcohol it's wine, which has about double the calories of vodka.
    I just make sure I fit it into my calories.