Perkin's and NO Nutritional Value...ugh!!

aallen440
aallen440 Posts: 20
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So the hubby and I decided to go out to dinner tonight since the kids eat free Tuesday's (with adult meal). We never go out so this was a nice treat (though, it would have been nicer to go somewhere nicer). Anyway, so we get home and of course, the first thing we do is go to the computer and add in our foods. Well, we couldn't find the nutrional value for our meals in the database so we looked up Perkin's website....it's says that they are working on the info. So I call the location that we went to and they don't know it either!!
So I have no way to add in my supper tonight. I really wish I would have looked closer at what I ate!
My hubby had the bbq chicken flat bread and I had half the hero flatbread and pc of my sons triple decker sandwich (we shared our meals).

What do all do when you can't add your meal in?
Just have it as a wash? I usually have more calories for dinner and had ate really good today so I thought that I should be ok with what I ate, but who knows! I am kind of frustrated with Perkin's that they don't have it together! I guess that is what I get for not planning it out ahead of time!

Replies

• zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    I would make your best guesses at the ingredients for you log. Plus just assume that you are undercalculating since restaurant meals always seem ridiculously fattening.
  • That's what i do- break it down piece by piece and add each part in separately (a pain, i know!). Also, I usually exaggerate how much I ate, because it seems that most restaurants love to make healthy-looking things not that healthy :ohwell:
  • So the hubby and I decided to go out to dinner tonight since the kids eat free Tuesday's (with adult meal). We never go out so this was a nice treat (though, it would have been nicer to go somewhere nicer). Anyway, so we get home and of course, the first thing we do is go to the computer and add in our foods. Well, we couldn't find the nutrional value for our meals in the database so we looked up Perkin's website....it's says that they are working on the info. So I call the location that we went to and they don't know it either!!
    So I have no way to add in my supper tonight. I really wish I would have looked closer at what I ate!
    My hubby had the bbq chicken flat bread and I had half the hero flatbread and pc of my sons triple decker sandwich (we shared our meals).

What do all do when you can't add your meal in?
    Just have it as a wash? I usually have more calories for dinner and had ate really good today so I thought that I should be ok with what I ate, but who knows! I am kind of frustrated with Perkin's that they don't have it together! I guess that is what I get for not planning it out ahead of time!

This very common :( The advice I've gotten is just to do ur best to find similar items & use those values. However, for 1 restaurant I did use the "contact" link on their website & was emailed back their information very promptly :)
This discussion has been closed.