Do you see progress or flaws?

Options
6 lbs from my goal weight and I still feel huge. I was chatting with a woman at the gym while we were both studying ourselves in the locker room mirror a few days ago. I was envious of her flat stomach; she wanted my butt. Do you still see flaws or do you see how far you've come? All I can focus on is the fat that's still left, not the 20lbs that are gone.

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    At first, I saw progress but as the weight loss stalled a bit...I see flaws. All of them. I'm about 50% to my goal, 50 pounds down, 50 to go and I can't wait to get past this point so I'll feel better about what I'm accomplishing.
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel the progress is that you are making an effort to change your lifestyle. If we do have any flaws, we should use them as motivation. Just take everyday as a different challenge that makes the journey a lot easier. I wish you nothing but success.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I see progress for 90% of the time. On that 10% time I kick myself in the butt and concentrate on the positive. You need to be more forgiving of yourself. I'm down 53 lbs I got new clothes that are form fitting instead of baggy. I have energy that I haven't had in years.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Both! I see the progress no doubt but I just can not get past the belly fat! That is my main issue. It is so stubborn. Especially being 3 lbs away from goal so I changed my goal to 13 lbs to go. Maybe 150 instead of 160 will be magic number!
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think it varies by the day. Sometimes I notice that I am fitter and not as fat as I was, other times I notice that I am still too fat. Both are true. In both cases though I remind myself that I knew there would be no quick fix when I started and that I just need to keep going. Approaching weight loss using this site as a resource rather than try to adhere to a prescribed diet means I still enjoy my food so I can see myself sticking to it.