Getting in shape...again

Options
plbrown81
plbrown81 Posts: 32 Member
I hate the whole weight loss/getting in shape yoyo but I keep finding myself back on it. Last year I thought I'd finally broken the trend - I'd worked hard, lost about 20 lbs and was keeping it off! I was around 138 lbs and was pretty happy with it.

Unfortunately, I was in a car accident during the summer and hurt my back. I was stuck in PT for about 3 months, during which time my physical activity dropped waaaaay down because it hurt to do ANYTHING (including standing up). I slowly started putting on all the weight I'd worked soooo hard to get rid of. I'm also in graduate school I(vet school) so I was super busy with school and got into some bad eating habits.

By January of this year I was back up to 160 lbs, and it broke my heart. I rehired the personal trainer I used to drop all the weight last time, but our spring semester was brutal with school and I barely had time to make it to the gym (maybe 3 times a week) or make food on a regular basis. Fortunately, my PT is understanding and was supportive (he straight up said there are very few people he would give a pass to, but he knew vet students literally had no time sometimes). By the time I finished school for the summer I was the heaviest I've ever been, and the most embarrassed and uncomfortable with my body.

However, now I'm back out of school and off for the summer so I'm trying to get the ball rolling towards healthy living again. I am trying to re-kick my sweet food addictions, and replace all my unhealthy habits with good ones. I'm getting back in the gym regularly again, but I can already tell it's going to be a struggle!

I need to find serious motivation when the cravings kick in, and that can be hard to do. I'm going to be getting married when I graduate in two years and I'd like to be in good shape at that point again, but I really need to find those short term goals between now and then that can help keep me on track. I also need to be ACCOUNTABLE somehow and I'm trying to figure out how and who to.

I'm 5'2, and currently weigh about 163 lbs. My goal is to get down to 133 lbs and keep it there!

Replies

• Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting married! I would love to keep you motivated, I enjoy motivating my friends (is that weird?) haha feel free to add me if you like. I'm always on here, good luck on your fitness journey, the important thing is you're making a change in your life, hang in there :)