Anyone successful with Shakeology?

Options
I finally gave it and ordered it yesterday. Now that I am down $140 bucks (gulp) I'm really wondering if people have been successful with the shake.....how do you prepare it, which meal do you do, etc?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I finally gave it and ordered it yesterday. Now that I am down $140 bucks (gulp) I'm really wondering if people have been successful with the shake.....how do you prepare it, which meal do you do, etc?

Shakeology won't do anything special for you in terms of weight loss or nutrition.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Successful like how?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well they were successful at making your wallet thinner.

As for you well it is all about calories in / calories out
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I know it's expensive but I absolutely loved it! I wanna try ordering the different tastes, when I got one it was just the chocolate and although I enjoyed it, close to the end I was wanting something else other then chocolate for my daily shakeology intake.
    let me know what you think of it!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wish we could have talked earlier. i could have gotten you a giant discount. I used Shakeology last year. It helped in terms of keeping my cravings under contol. helped me with me slim my tummy. I just recently started drinking it again. if you have any questions just private message me!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I wish we could have talked earlier. i could have gotten you a giant discount. I used Shakeology last year. It helped in terms of keeping my cravings under contol. helped me with me slim my tummy. I just recently started drinking it again. if you have any questions just private message me!

g133523604644795576.jpg
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I know it's expensive but I absolutely loved it! I wanna try ordering the different tastes, when I got one it was just the chocolate and although I enjoyed it, close to the end I was wanting something else other then chocolate for my daily shakeology intake.
    let me know what you think of it!

3pr2bx.jpg

Okay Mr. Smart *kitten*,this IS a fitness site for people trying to get healthy, try to be a little supportive. She was asking a question and I was giving my two cents.

&no i am not saying you HAVE to drink shakeology to be healthy, some people like it, some people don't.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    No arguments please! I was just curious. The story behind this was even worse....for months and months my "friend", who was also a Beachbody coach, wanted me to buy it. She was extremely persistent. I never had the money for it up until a few days ago. So when I got online and ordered it (I was proud to be 'taking that big step' if you know what I mean) I told my friend and she was so excited!! Then when she asked if I had ordered it from her site I said no, that I didn't know how to do that.....her next text was "Oh Amber.....smh." Then on Facebook, "I am SO frustrated right now!!"

Like, HELLO! OUCH. Talk about just being a number. When I mentioned that it's not right to ONLY support someone when it benefits the other person, she hit the wall and deleted me....

So now, I feel like I really have been ****ed over -_-
  • brendamooch
    Options
    Have you heard about the ViSalus Shakes? My daughter started the program last week, the kit (there are different kits with different prices) she picked is 2 shakes a day, snacks and 1 regular meal. I've tasted a chocolate/banana and it was pretty good, it's a "sweet cream" flavor powder and you add your favorite flavors... : ) Like the Shakeology, it can be pricy, but I am considering it for myself... Let me know if you're interested, I'll put you in contact with her... :)http://abbybolanos.bodybyvi.com/
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    No arguments please! I was just curious. The story behind this was even worse....for months and months my "friend", who was also a Beachbody coach, wanted me to buy it. She was extremely persistent. I never had the money for it up until a few days ago. So when I got online and ordered it (I was proud to be 'taking that big step' if you know what I mean) I told my friend and she was so excited!! Then when she asked if I had ordered it from her site I said no, that I didn't know how to do that.....her next text was "Oh Amber.....smh." Then on Facebook, "I am SO frustrated right now!!"

Like, HELLO! OUCH. Talk about just being a number. When I mentioned that it's not right to ONLY support someone when it benefits the other person, she hit the wall and deleted me....

This really sucks because you can do this without the expensive shakes. If all she wanted from you was your money, be happy she deleted you. It just goes to show you how shallow she really is.

Personally, I would rather eat my calories then drink any shake, juice, protein powder, ect... I don't think I would last actually skipping meals for just a shake.

I hope they at least work for you for the money you spent, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that you can do it the slow and natural way.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

And they wonder why we argue with Shakeology salespeople...

There are more of them here in this very thread. People preying on others, trying to make your weight loss struggle their own paycheck. I hate it.

You can absolutely lose weight and get in shape and never need a meal replacement drink pushed on you by some high pressure salesperson pretending to be your friend or coach.

And for saying this people like me and ACG get called haters and reported to the moderators. Can you believe that?
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    what exactly is shakeology? is it like a protein shake?
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The only thing it seems to do for me is give me energy & help me keep me regulated! No weight loss this is my 2nd month.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options

g133523604644795576.jpg

I'm going to steal this and put this on all the Facebook posts I see about "beachbody coaches" vomit.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have people on here not trying to sell me things.....I know I'm very hurt, especially considering she didn't give a **** about my well being or weight loss goals when I didn't have money for her precious shake....haha I was blind! Ah well....maybe they'll be tasty.....I also rarely eat breakfast (bad I know) so maybe this can be my brekki :drinker:
  • sfuller911
    sfuller911 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have friends that sell Shakeoloy and Body by Vi, totally awkward and I wish I could tell myself in the past NEVER agree to trying one shake, they are rabid.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Shakeology
    I feel better sleep better must be all the good nutrients :happy:
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology and because they are low cal you do not have to skip a meal I use for mid day snack

This really sucks because you can do this without the expensive shakes. If all she wanted from you was your money, be happy she deleted you. It just goes to show you how shallow she really is.

Personally, I would rather eat my calories then drink any shake, juice, protein powder, ect... I don't think I would last actually skipping meals for just a shake.

I hope they at least work for you for the money you spent, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that you can do it the slow and natural way.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it for 2months, just cancelled my autoship (sad) but couldn't afford it. If I get back to where I can afford it id go back on it in a heartbeat ! 1) it STOPPED my cravings for sweets dead in their tracks! Knowing I was getting my yummy Choc/p.butter/banana shake for breakfast made me a breakfast eater again ( good) 2) made me regular 3) huge energy/more happy ( from the macca root) 4) loved the taste ! Sadly, I didn't lose ANY weight, but never felt healthier !!! So depends on what your looking for I guess. Oh, and it impressed the girl at my local GNC! She said good deal for all nutrients in it. If it were only cheaper !!! Good luck! I wonder how many of the "non-fans" have tried it? If u like treating yourself to Starbucks, well it's like that only better for you :)
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you will start to see significant results with shakeology IF you do use it as your 1 meal a day replacement...follow through with the rest of your correct eating...
    I have been on it for 2 months now and you can see from my profile what I am down...16 lbs now between shakeology & working out
    If you want recipes...let me know!
    I just made a chocolate almond roca yesterday...only 385 calories...and yes I made it public for everyone to be able to list if they so choose to have it...
    what flavor did you order?
    I am a die hard chocolate fan so it really helps me with my chocolate fix
    you will find that shakeology has more vitamins than body by v plus other vitamins & nutrients that body by v doesnt even have...I can show you...plus you only do 1 shake a day where as body by v you have to do 2 a day to get results which means buying 2 bags a month from then vs the 1 bag from beachbody
    inflammation issues will decrease over time
    you WILL sleep better
    I do (and I suffered from insomnia since 1987 & prescription pills never helped me for longer than 20 minutes)
    how much more can I say
    oh my kid loves it...he wants a shake when ever I have a shake