The Most Unhealthy and Disgusting Cupcake

Options
I think this is an all new low for unhealthy, I saw a penust butter and bacon cupcake for sale. It is the bacon grease in the cupcake and bacon bits in the frosting. I will pass on that, I would have never eaten this even before switching to a healthy diet.

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    You nuts? That sounds amazing lol. I'd eat it :love:

Bacon :heart:

A peanut butter bacon cake batter ice cream would be my preference actually. Oh yeah, in a chocolate waffle cone too.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic. I wouldn't eat the whole thing but there's no way I wouldn't try it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I saw a maple bacon cupcake once - I didn't buy it, I still think of it often. I have had a bacon maple bar donut though - it was fabulous.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I think this is an all new low for unhealthy, I saw a penust butter and bacon cupcake for sale. It is the bacon grease in the cupcake and bacon bits in the frosting. I will pass on that, I would have never eaten this even before switching to a healthy diet.

Why is it unhealthy?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Where were they selling this delightful treat? Nom.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yummy sound great. Love salty and sweet together. Food is not the enemy
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    peanut butter bacon cake batter ice cream

Be still my beating heart!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

I would eat that :)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Bacon Cupcakes! Sounds delicious!

Ingredients

1 (1 pound) package bacon
    1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1/4 cup bacon grease
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    4 eggs
    1 (18.25 ounce) package butter cake mix
    2/3 cup water

2 cups creamy peanut butter
    2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
    5 cups confectioners' sugar
    1/4 cup heavy cream, as needed
    22 whole peanuts

Directions

Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon grease and set aside to cool. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the bacon.
    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
    Beat the crunchy peanut butter, bacon grease, and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the peanut butter mixture before adding the next. Pour in the cake mix alternately with the water, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in 2/3 of the chopped bacon; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared cupcake pan, about 2/3 full.
    Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
    To make frosting: Beat the creamy peanut butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until light fluffy. Gradually stir in the confections' sugar. Mix in enough heavy cream to thin out the frosting, if needed.
    Spread the frosting over the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 portion of chopped bacon, and top with a whole peanut.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    That does sound good!! =) I love salty sweet stuff! I'd possibly skip a meal for it ;D
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Fat is fat. Whether its vegetable, or animal. You can use it all in cooking; sounds like something I need to try.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    peanut butter bacon cake batter ice cream

Be still my beating heart!

Oh, your heart will be still if you have too many.

LOL
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    NOM!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    To each their own, I guess. Regardless of being unhealthy or not, it sounds gross to me.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Bacon goes with anything sweet and whattaya know..bacon, sweets.. my favorite 2 things in the whole wide world (well almost).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd eat it..

and that ice cream sounds good too... i love a mix of savory and sweet
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I would so it that. It isn't unhealthy. It would be if you ate 6 a day, every day.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've had a 'Pancake Maple Bacon' cupcake before and it was AWESOME! Basically, the cupcake tasted like a denser/moister pancake. Then it was frosted with maple buttercream and topped with crisp crumbled bacon. It tasted like a delicious breakfast in form of a cupcake. Yum!
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have health problems and cannot eat fatty food (effects my liver) so i avoid all baconits not worth me getting sick.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Gross :sick:

And I love bacon.