When do you exercise and do you eat before the workout?

Options
The myth :workout in the morning with empty stomach will burn more fat.
Do you believe it?

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I don't believe that myth. But I do excercise on a empty stomach because if I don't I do get that sick feeling in my stomach. i know from other posters on here that some will eat something very light atleast 1 hour before their workout and some won't. I think it is a personal choice and on how your body feels if it needs the fuel before the workout or not.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I am strange in this. I get up and workout every morning. If I don't eat immediately before my blood sugar gets too low and I pass out. However, at each stage in my increasing workout routine, it can take a couple of weeks to figure out what I can eat. Working out in the morning does boost your metabolism for the rest of the day.
  • weasleman42
    Options
    If I work out early in the morning, I will drink 4oz of juice. It keeps me from getting light-headed after the workout. I don't believe that you will burn more calories by not eating before a workout.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that myth. But I do excercise on a empty stomach because if I don't I do get that sick feeling in my stomach. i know from other posters on here that some will eat something very light atleast 1 hour before their workout and some won't. I think it is a personal choice and on how your body feels if it needs the fuel before the workout or not.

Same here. I work out BEFORE I eat too. :smile:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I workout every morning, but I don't eat first. It seems everytime I eat and even after waiting an hour after a small meal, I get a cramp in my side. A half an apple will do it to me even.