2»

Replies

• DrJamesStoxenDC
    Options
    Nice site!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Which part of "stop running' did you not understand?
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Try swimming until you get to your goal weight. This is too hard on the joints and you are heading for surgery.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, 5'11, 172 lbs. I have arthritis in my right knee, along with full thickness wear on my cartilage and no meniscus remaining after two surgeries. My doctor had me taking two Aleve, twice a day to fight inflammation. I'd like to get to 60 and still have a liver so i did some research on nutritional ways to fight inflammation. The net result is I have very little discomfort and no swelling at all. I don't run. But I bike extensively. The magic mix is

Two capsules of fish oil
    Two capsules of flax oil
    Curcumin (extracted from turmeric)
    Two teaspoons (in capsule form) Cayenne Pepper. I also get a lot of cayenne in my regular diet. But if you're not into spicy foods you might want to double the number of capsules.

Sounds crazy. But it's working. The nice thing is you can start something like this while you're still on your doctor's remedies. And then back out of the doctor's plan and see if the nutritional approach is enough for you.

That'll help with the pain and inflammation. You may also want to get an MRI to look for a soft tissue injury if they relied only on X-Rays.