Spinach
    Jalapenos
    Oregano
    Old Bay

370 Calories 46g Carbs, 30g Protein, 8g Fat
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sorry but Subway's are nutritionally poor (and I'm being polite). The quality of ingredients is below par particularly if you are going to include the protein intake.

Don't get me wrong, I'll have the odd one myself but just don't kid yourself that they are in any way healthy!
  • dmartinez87533
    Options
    Sorry but Subway's are nutritionally poor (and I'm being polite). The quality of ingredients is below par particularly if you are going to include the protein intake.

Don't get me wrong, I'll have the odd one myself but just don't kid yourself that they are in any way healthy!

You might be right....but most of us are inept at cooking or preparing home grown food. Subway provides a healthier convenient alternative to McDonalds or Taco Bell.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

You might be right....but most of us are inept at cooking or preparing home grown food. Subway provides a healthier convenient alternative to McDonalds or Taco Bell.

This will sound harsh but that's a pretty poor excuse. There are plenty of much healthier alternatives and as for not being able to cook, if you're journey is going to be successful then you need to learn. How else can you fully understand food?
  • lsharidull
    lsharidull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually get the 6 inch on wheat with turkey, american, spinach, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper and a little light mayo. Then I take the top half of the bun off to eat it. That is if I'm not opting for a spinach salad. Those are goood too. Especially if you get everything on it then get a side of apples and break the apples up on top. Yummmm
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie patty...but I would pack a lunch. Subways food is to high in sodium for me : )

Good luck!

True. I like Subway as well, but definitely has a lot of sodium.

I love roast beef on flatbread, with cucumbers, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard. No cheese.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When I do subway, it's a special treat, so I don't go for the most calorie-conscious choice. I make room for it in my day and enjoy it. I LOVE Tuna fish on wheat, with swiss, then I ask for tons of veggies, pretty much every veg they have except hot peppers or olives, then sweet onion sauce on top. YUM!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If I get Subway(and thats a very big IF because I find it absolutely disgusting and if I'm going to have a sub sandwich, I would rather have it from a real sub place) I get Turkey, Cheese, Mayo and Lettuce on Italian Bread.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options

This will sound harsh but that's a pretty poor excuse. There are plenty of much healthier alternatives and as for not being able to cook, if you're journey is going to be successful then you need to learn. How else can you fully understand food?

That's the really sad part, because I have been watching my sodium lately because of high bp, and a subway sandwich has more sodium than a McDonald's chicken nugget happy meal...so kinda feels like they are both crap.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I usually get the turkey breast as a salad - have them put in lots of spinach, onions, tomatoes, olives - with oil and viengar. sometimes I add a little chipolte to spice it up. very filling
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Double egg white 6" flatbread, loaded veggie *nomnom*

Now, I want to go to Subway with all of these great sandwiches in my mind.

Also, I wonder if they make breakfast sandwiches all day?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I just get veggies on the 9 grain bread...no cheese, regular mayo, and pretty much every vegetable they offer except jalapeno...I don't like those.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually get a 6" turkey on 9-grain wheat., pepperjack cheese, brown mustard, lite mayo, all veggies except banana peppers and pickles. 390 Cals which is the same as a McDouble from MCDonalds.

I love Subway!
  • Soon2bMrsFarmer
    Options
    I get the 6 inch on wheat with:
    turkey breast
    no cheese
    lettuce and/or spinach
    onions
    tomatoes
    pickles
    Banana peppers
    Just vingar (no oil)