Coffee and Protein shakes

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
Recently, I've thought of blending my morning coffee with either slim fast powder or protein powder. But, I am not a fan of experimenting on my own (and who wants to ruin a good cup of coffee). So, I thought I'd ask if anyone else blends them together with ice to make an iced coffee protein shake lol

Replies

• CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    lol, sounds gross.
  • SanFranFrisky
    Options
    I'm in the habit of adding instant coffee to my protein shakes.

I use the Rainbow Light Vanilla Protein Energizer which is great except that it has stevia in it, which I don't like the flavor of. Folgers instant takes care of the problem.

Happy shaking!
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Recently, I've thought of blending my morning coffee with either slim fast powder or protein powder. But, I am not a fan of experimenting on my own (and who wants to ruin a good cup of coffee). So, I thought I'd ask if anyone else blends them together with ice to make an iced coffee protein shake lol

A friend of mine puts his Why Protein in his coffee. I believe he uses the vanilla flavor. Just an idea
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I added chocolate protein powder to my iced coffee. REVOLTING.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot, however you have to do it with iced coffee. There is a weird chemical reaction between the heat and the protein powder that makes it curd up and completely ruins a good cup of coffee. I make a big pot of coffee at the start of the week, throw it in the fridge, every day poor it over ice with protein powder and it's great. No cream or sugar needed!!!

p.s. I use vanilla whey isolate!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I tried this once.. and let me tell you, it was the worst idea I ever had!

I have a cinnamon flavored protein powder which I thought would go good with coffee.. and it def. did not!
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot, however you have to do it with iced coffee. There is a weird chemical reaction between the heat and the protein powder that makes it curd up and completely ruins a good cup of coffee. I make a big pot of coffee at the start of the week, throw it in the fridge, every day poor it over ice with protein powder and it's great. No cream or sugar needed!!!

p.s. I use vanilla whey isolate!!

I'm going to try this tomorrow morning (made a small pot of coffee tonight for the occasion) but all I have right now is the EAS Recovery revigor chocolate flavor protein powder. If I add ice and mix it in a blender, it should taste like a Jamocha milkshake from Arby's....right?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I actually use unsweetened chocolate almond milk and cappuccino protein powder by Syntrax occasionally. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's best with a shot of espresso, but coffee will do. It's like a super-mocha. Delicious and nutritious.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    whey protein lattes. Totally.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My co-worker use to add chocolate protein powder to her iced coffee everyday till she ran of the powder. Now she just adds a premade shake to hers a couple times a week when she doesnt have breakfast.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I freeze coffee into cubes. Then I blend the cubes with chocolate pp and sweetener. Tastes almost like a mocha frap.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I freeze coffee into cubes. Then I blend the cubes with chocolate pp and sweetener. Tastes almost like a mocha frap.

this is brilliant. i think i have to steal this idea! :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I used to blend my vanilla protein powder with coffee and a little bit of milk. Delicious!!!!!!! Tasted like a vanilla latte :love: :love: :love:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

BUMP!
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have one a couple of times a week as follows:
    Ice (about 6 cubes)
    1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee...I like Gloria Jean's Caramel Indulgence :)
    70ml approx of coconut cream
    2t flax meal
    2t almond meal
    1 raw egg
    2 scoops Sun Warrior vegan chocolate protein powder
    1/5 to 1 cup of almond milk, depending on desired thickness.
    Stevia powder to taste (optional)
    Natural Yoghurt (optional)

Make the coffee, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, or make up a batch and keep in the fridge. Blitz the ice in a blender, chuck everything else in and process until smooth (I usually leave the coffee until last so it doesn't melt the ice). Yummo!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I kept having problems with the ice watering everything down. You may have to add a little liquid (coffee, milk, creamer)
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 packet of Starbucks VIA instant coffee, I have used caramel and mocha flavors, in the blender with a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Blend with 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup water and ice cubes. I love it!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • paulusd
    paulusd Posts: 2
    Options
    Protein powder with ICED coffee and some almond milk is pretty good. Better if you blend in some ice cubes too.