Hardly any males here huh?

Options
I've been using t his site for 2days now and I think I've only ran across 1 guy ( that added me anyway). I don't get it, you go to a body building forum and its nothing but testosterone in the air. Are there any guys that use this site regularly that wanna friend me?

Replies

• Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    specifically people that have an avid interest in Strength training or bodybuilding
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm not on here all that regularly, but I really should be. ever since I was diagnosed with gastroparisis my primary goal has been to maintain my weight I have discovered that short duration high intensity workouts has done wonders for my appetite and logging my food has helped a great deal in figuring out what causes problems. now that I'm in training for a marathon logging my info is going to be much more important.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Added bro!
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me bro
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this thread actually helped. You guys mind saying a little something about your lifting routine. I do a push/pull split.

Day1 (push): Incline/decline/flat Bench, Triceps EXt's, Dumbbell Fly's, Push ups, Skull Crushers, Dips, Cable Cross over, AB'S

Day2 (pull): Chin ups, Seated rows, Barbell Rows, Dumbbell rows, Barbell Curls and Dumbbell Curls, and AB'S

Day 3 (Legs): Squats, Leg Press, Calve Raises, Dumbbell Lounge's, and AB's

I do Ab's daily and cardio when I'm feeling up to it (I'm working on that). After day 3 go back to day1
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    I sent a friend request your way. I'm still doing mostly cardio work, but my ultimate goal is to get fit with 10% body fat or less. I'm slowly adding more weight training to the mix.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I normally work opposing push/pull muscles on the same day. Cardio is 30 minutes every morning Monday - Friday. I do strength training at night.

Monday = chest/back
    Tuesday = triceps/biceps, abs
    Wed = Rest
    Thurs = shoulders, abs
    Friday (or Saturday morning)= legs
    Sunday = Rest

I need to work in another day for legs somewhere. I'm going to try to squeeze that in on Wed night when I can. Other than that my current side project is to get awesome at chin-ups and then transition to wide grip pull ups so I work in 5x8 of these a couple times a week.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    there's loads of men here! maybe they're working or working out now. lol
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *Checks boxers*

I can confirm my male status.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have some awesome work out guys for my friends your welcome to take a look
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The boys usually hang out over on the fitness/exercise board here! There's a lot of them. I have a few crushes :heart: :laugh:
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. It seems like the majority of people here are women looking to lose weight. I'm a guy looking to 'cut' some while maintaining (and hopefully increasing some) my muscle mass before going on a clean bulk in a few months. I want to lose some pounds, but my weight loss goals are much more mild than what many of the women are on here for, so it's nice to see some other guys who are training primarily for strength or muscle growth as well.

My routine is basically like Starting Strength (full body routine focused on compound lifts, 3x a week), but I've added a few other lifts in it because I'm comfortable with my body being able to handle a bit more volume. Whether you follow Starting Strength or not, it's definitely something worth looking into and reading about because there's a lot to learn from Mark Rippetoe (its author and training coach): http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

Also, if anyone who reads this thread wants to add me,please feel free to. Looking for more friends on here. :)
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've never really been into moving the weights around. I mostly use cardio but I am interested in learning more about resistance training. I have all the equipment...around here somewhere...under all these clothes maybe? I'm all about motivation and accountability so feel free to add me.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I do full body training because my goals are more functional than aesthetic. I'm all about the strength, power, flexibility, speed, endurance gains.
  • NJTeacher411
    NJTeacher411 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Guy here. Just joined two weeks ago. I know a few guys on here. Feel free to add me.
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got guys on my list. They are all awesome.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

She's right.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

its true im on her list
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Although I am a chick, I too have been looking for more male friends. All my life I have gotten along better with the opposite sex. Feel free to add me guys, I am on here daily.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Thats funny that you mention that. When i first got on here I couldn't get guys to friend me. I think those are the ones that are just here to troll on woman. But now I have a few dudes and they have been great support. I love my female friends but sometimes you need your Wolf Pack.