Has anyone else had this issue?

serenity216
serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
I have lost 25 pounds since I started with MFP in late December as well as having lost 20 inches (mostly in my waist and hip area). I also noticed in the last couple of months I have lost padding off my butt to the point where now if I am sitting on a hard seat or a bench I have to bring a sweatshirt to sit on or I have a hard time sitting for longer periods of time. Just curious if anyone else has run into this? It's nice to not have as much weight to carry around anymore but I don't know if I would call it an NSV.

Replies

• serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    BUMP!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I noticed that last year - I was sitting on a hard bench and it felt much harder than I expected.... but I haven't really noticed it since, I guess I must have got used to it.

Well done, I'd call that an NSV!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    I still have enough meat on my *kitten* that that isn't happening however, I do notice that my shoulder blades are doing that. When I lay down to do sit ups, they are sharp on the floor. I never felt my shoulder blades much before.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,266 Member
    Unrelated, but since ive lost weight my nipples are sharp and can cut glass
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    completely!!!!! I feel like I need to buy a doughnut (no not the ones you eat! lol) to sit on like an old person lol....and i'm 27! heheh
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    My tailbone has been bruised a couple times and I couldn't figure out why until I noticed that I don't have as much "padding" there anymore :ohwell:
  • BlooQKazoo
    BlooQKazoo Posts: 56
    Yes! Plus I can feel my spine in every hardbacked chair. Lovely.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    I haven't really noticed that but I haven't been sitting on any hard surfaces either.

What I have noticed is being cold even when it's pretty warm. Like it was 72 in my house this morning and I had on a sweatshirt, flannel pants and socks...usually by the time it's 70, I'm good for shorts and tshirts
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    I haven't reached that point in my weight loss quite yet. However, I do have a friend who jokingly says she wishes that she could put on about 20 lbs of padding because she finds chairs harder than they used to be. She has gotten used to it though. Congratulations on reaching that point, keep up the good work!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yup, I found my tailbone too, quite a few lbs ago
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    You're not alone. On the positive side, since sitting is no longer comfortable, we probably spend more time on our feet, which burns more calories and helps keep the weight down. Enjoy your diminished buttocks. :flowerforyou:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Absolutley feeling you my butt hurts when i sit on the ground or a hard bench, absolutley new feeling as well I always just sit down where ever I am.... No boobs left either lost them first and my wedding rings have been packed away for fear of losing them. But, my belly seems to want to stay where it is :( Hopefully one day in my future it will all even out....
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 429 Member
    No, not at all.

My butt still has a whole lot of cushion. :sad:
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Unrelated, but since ive lost weight my nipples are sharp and can cut glass
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    I haven't had that issue yet.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    My booty is getting smaller.. :(
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    I haven't really noticed that but I haven't been sitting on any hard surfaces either.

What I have noticed is being cold even when it's pretty warm. Like it was 72 in my house this morning and I had on a sweatshirt, flannel pants and socks...usually by the time it's 70, I'm good for shorts and tshirts
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Yep. I never really had an *kitten* to begin with, but now when I sit on the floor to do crunches, etc. it is like my hipbones have no padding at all.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    I was shocked to find I had bones in my butt, I mean really it hurts to sit at the picnic table. On a better note, I was able to cross my legs today :) I'm pleased
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64

I know, I am literally freezing all the time-I have lost 41-39 more to go, and I have never had this problem before with cold. I used to dread hot weather, but now, there are times i have to go sit in the sun to get warm.