200 to 185 in one month!

Options
I want to share my success over the last 30 some odd days, because I can hardly believe it is true! My last semester of college I put on 22 pounds. Over the last month, I have lost 15 of those pounds! I have been religiously logging everything I eat on MFP, making sure I am active each day, and turning to these message boards for inspiration. I have been doing JM 30 Day Shred (still on level 2) and started up Couch 2 5k as well.

I took these photos yesterday and can definitely see a difference from the photos I took at the end of May! It took a lot of guts for me to take the before pictures (yikes!), but I am glad to use it as inspiration throughout this process. Unfortunately I did not take measurements, but I can see inches and pounds coming off, so I am happy! I am only 1/4 to my goal, so there's a long way to go, but I wanted to let people know you can see results in as little as a month if you stick with it!

**sorry about the large photo! i could not, for the life of me figure out why that one wouldn't resize like the others!

200 (~May 15th)

photo-2.jpg

185 (~(June 15th)

photo-1.jpg

200 (~May 15th)

photo-3.jpg

185 (~(June 15th)

photo.jpg

If I can do it, you can too!!

Replies

• jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC results! I am just getting back into things. I'm finishing up college and will be done in August. That, coupled with working full-time is stressful and my health has suffered. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep up the good work.
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    heyyy!!! just saw your pic! great job! :D you look amazing! I think your starting weigh and goal are pretty similar and I was wondering if you wanted to be friends for moral support! Let me know :D
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!! Keep it up and choose fun things to do to keep u going

What are u doing? cardio or strenght training
  • raebels
    raebels Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful and definitely an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work! =D
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!! Keep it up and choose fun things to do to keep u going

What are u doing? cardio or strenght training

Thanks everyone!

I am doing a combination of both. I am doing Couch to 5k and the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, which incorporates cardio and strength training.

Seeing how quickly results can come when you treat your body right is the biggest inspiration to no binge or over indulge!
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC results! I am just getting back into things. I'm finishing up college and will be done in August. That, coupled with working full-time is stressful and my health has suffered. Thanks for the inspiration!

Yep, I was working full-time with two kiddos, a dog, and my boyfriend at home. I kept telling myself I didn't have time, and that I would take care of myself when I got done, and that got me 20 pounds heavier. Good for you for starting now!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference. congrats
  • luella0529
    luella0529 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your pics and your story, I need all the inspiration I can get! Keep up the good work!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • koykoy32
    koykoy32 Posts: 6
    Options
    Whoop whoop, good for you girl! You should be proud of yourself.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you, lady are a BAMF.
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME, and you look amazing!

My first month was probably pretty dangerous. I went from 266 to 241 in 30 days - 25 pounds. However, I lived a very sedentary liffestyle (worked on a computer all day, mostly from home), ate total crap all day, and laid on the couch at night. Jumped headfirst into healthy eating and exercise all at once, and my body just melted away for the first 4-6 weeks. It's stabilized now (just under 216, but still dropping weight...only slower).
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    This is really inspiring, thank you for sharing. I've got a very similar body type to you except my starting weight was 210. Hopefully I can see the same results as you within a month, because I too have been giving JM's programs a try. I picked up Ripped in 30 and really like it so far. Thank you again! Proof that motivation really does pay off.
  • ashleygx26
    ashleygx26 Posts: 140
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • jonsnow_ghost
    Options
    well as my 1 and half year old nephew would say ," you look 'esky'
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You are stunning! Such an inspiration!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Your progress is remarkable. I admire your determination and dilgence. I'm doing JM 30 DS now. I"m on Day 8 of Level 1. I do think it's a really effective and practical program since it really works all muscle groups in a short period of time.

Keep up the excellent work and you'll be at your goal in no time and in a healthy manner that will help to keep the extra weight off. Kudos chica!!!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success. Just completed my first week and what great inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!