Late 20's early to mid 30's friends

Options
laxwyo
laxwyo Posts: 192 Member
Hey, second time introducing. Doing well. Just wanting to know how the people aged 26-38 are doing out there. We probably share a lot more than others. New families, careers, spouses etc, like to know tips and tricks for juggling everything while trying to get healthy and lose weight. Good luck everyone. Hope to hear from u.

Replies

• LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 32. Feel free to add.
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    oh wow - its hard to do it all.... i am not very organised and seem to just wing it most days.... i do plan when i am going to get to the gym at the start of the week, and i make it a priority, its the only way it will happen when you are juggling work, kids, after school activities, running a household etc.

i guess i don't have much more to add than make exercise a priority, make it something that you can't just skip.... also i find that on the weekend, which is usually my rest days, i can be a bit moody or down.... i'm thinking its cos i haven't worked out?
  • AniOnFire
    AniOnFire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 here and quite a few people on my friendslist are about that age. And as for sharing I dunno, I have the most laid back sort of life at the moment, lol. I will say this, make grocery day your shopping and preparing day, tupperware is your friend and....yeah, it's both easier and harder, at least for me, I have alot of free time, since I don't have a "real" job (I write short fiction serials) I spend a lot of time doing that bored eating thing, even though I've tried to fill 2 hours of my day with workouts, I'm one of those crazy people who actually likes to work out.

and 17lbs down is great!! I am envious!
  • laxwyo
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone. It has been fairly easy once u get into it. Tough at times with two kids. I started because the wife started and wanted to be supportive. She's doing well too. We all just share a lot. Dealing with a wife who's trying to lose weight is hard enough! Lol not to mention us men do get insecure at times too. Be nice to talk to some you all when the weight stops coming off or possibly comes back. So many things to deal with. Talk to you soon
  • TransformationOfADIVA
    TransformationOfADIVA Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all, newbie here from Pittsburgh. I am 28 years old and been using MFP for a little over two weeks. I have been on my weight loss journey seriously since March 2011, I started out doing Weight Watchers which I love, but, due to financial reasons had to stop for now. I did well and lost 20lbs by Nov 2011 but due to a family tragedy I gained it all back and was 5lbs over my original starting weight of 310. Since April I have lost 10lbs total and even accomplished my goal of participating in a 5k. I am very serious about this journey because one of my biggest goals/dreams in life is to be an active mother and do all I can to have a healthy and active family when God blesses me with one.

Feel free to add me, I am always looking to make new friends and gain new support and encouragement.
  • laxwyo
    Options
    I've found that using mfp has me eating a lot less, which is very good on the pocket book.