I think cheesecake give me superpowers!

Options
Hi everyone,
So I am a paleo guy and have been pretty strict (95% on) for about 3 months now. At first I got the expected energy dip but my energy came back as I adapted to a fat based diet.

Last night though I overindulgence to say the least. I went to cheesecake factory, got a greasy burger, salad, and a piece of their low carb cheesecake... Delicious.

Today though when I went to run tow work off the 'meal' I ended up running 10 miles! Normally, 2.5-3 is my max so I was insanely surprised to find myself at mile 7 with a ton of energy, no pain, and feeling like superman.

So my question, why? It's not like I don't have cheat meals ocassionally and, frankly, this was probably one of most carb conscious ones I have had. I thought that maybe it had to do with my glycogen being upped or perhaps just because I had eaten so much extra the day before... Am I, gasp, maybe becoming a runner after 3 months of 5x running a week? Lol. Any insights would be great... I want to keep this up so if u have any possible explanation I would love to hear it so that I can do this more often!

Replies

• splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    cann't help you but interested so....Bump.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Carb intake. It's too low on paleo for very active people, unless you eat a metric ton of wazy maize, which most of my paleo friends think is ok for some reason? Carbs are your friend!
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    I saw a related article in a women's fitness magazine recently (I believe it was Women's Health). An exercise physiologist explained that while the pale diet may be good for a certain demographic, most of her clients who are endurance runners have to give it up shortly after they begin it because they are too carb-depleted to run for great lengths. Your diet should depend on your goals. Low-carb diets (paleo and otherwise) may be ideal for those who only diet, or even for those who are more "sprinters" than endurance athletes, but the latter NEED the carbs the paleo diet doesn't provide for fuel!