Remind me why diet products do NOT work> >>

Options
2»

Replies

• Scubachick
    Options
    ....your body is a self-cleansing system. ..
    I was just about to post that! We humans have evolved over thousands of years to work the way we do.

But, how about appetite suppressant tablets? The charcoal pills etc. Or the pills that are supposed to double your weight loss when combined with dieting. In Ireland Aili is in every pharmacy (drug store).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/alli-Weight-Loss-Aid-Capsules/dp/B0026KG1KU/ref=sr_1_3/277-3328393-6924965?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1250782810&sr=8-3
    But it was Lipotrim about 6 months ago. Are all these things good money after bad?

Incidentally, I found that Lifeline (hangover prevention tablets) are a great appetite suppressant! (Not too good at preventing hangovers though :bigsmile: )
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well, most of them don't work, but even the ones that do work, only work while you take them. So you have to take them for the rest of your life....

My mom tried Sensa for a while. It was supposed to make you feel more full because your food has a stronger taste that signaled to your brain that it was full. She said it never did.

But even if it did, you'd have to sprinkle flavor packets on your food for the rest of your life. Who is going to do that?

If these things worked, everyone would use them and hardly anyone would have a weight problem is the way I look at it.