How much will I need to lose to see a difference??

Options
I am 19 years old. 5'7 and 250 lbs. How much weight will I need to lose for people to notice the difference? I know it takes longer for people who see me every day, but what about people who only see me once a week or less?

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i think it took about 10 lbs for people i hardly see to notice, about 20 lbs before my close friends & family noticed, and more than that for me to really see a huge difference. i would say i had to lose 30 before i really "felt" and looked different to myself.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    When I started out I was a little more than you are now. It took about a good 40+ pounds before people noticed.
    Now people are commenting every 5-10. Just hang in there, it's worth it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting heavy as well as cardio- and my body is noticeably different with only 6lbs of weight loss.

In fact, I dug out old measurements today, and my measurements are the same now as when I was 20lb thinner and not lifting weights! To boot- I look better now!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyon eis dfiferent...I can't remember when people started commenting - it would have been a month or two I guess.
    Really though, losing weight for anyone else is a waste of time -do it for you!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    At that weight I would think that some will start noticing after about a 20-30 lb loss which could be in as little as 2 months. The main thing though is when will YOU notice a difference in how you feel and lock in to your new lifestyle effort? Best wishes on your journey.
  • cara4art
    cara4art Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The more one has to lose, like at the beginning of a weight loss plan, the more loss it takes for a noticeable difference. Some people have to lose a whole 20 pounds or more to lose that first pants size(of the type of pants they wear that is, like jeans for example). Later on, it takes less weight loss to be noticeable. At the low end of the scale, for smaller people, as little as 5 pounds can make a difference, especially combined with a good fitness program. Hope this helps and best of luck!:)