Temptation's a b!tch

Options
I told my family how I'm starting to diet and exercise again. They went to the store and bought a bunch of junk, came home and made these super dank cookies. I was practically drooling. They all think it's some kind of joke. Anyone else get treated like a fool and mocked for taking your eating habits seriously?

Looking so Good:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/993/dankcookies.jpg

Replies

• PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Haha if it weren't for the amount of calories I burn because of my workouts, I would never be taken seriously. Fast food is the devil, but when you've been cooking all day at work, that's the last thing on my mind and FF is my go to if I can't cook that night. But it won't kill you to cheat here and there, just don't let it carry over daily.

BTW if you want to post the actual picture find the IMG code and change it to lower case

So im gonna change the numbers around so it doesnt actually post the picture but it'll first look like this

IMG_3657.jpg

then change the IMG to img on from both the beginning and ending brackets.

IMG_3657.jpg
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There's always chocolate and lollies and other crap lying around here. I might eat a fun sized bit of chocolate every now and then (80 cal), but for the most part I don't touch it. In my mind there's no point doing something that you can't sustain on the long term, and if that means that you have a bit of junk every now and then so be it. And I sure as hell don't plan to be eating rabbit food for the rest of my life!!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people taunt me with food, or candy or cake and I tell them "no."

If they keep taunting me with it, I grudgingly say "Ok, I'll take it," and the nod an laugh until they see me sling it into the trash can near my desk. Then they get all upset for a minute or two but they stop asking me if I want any of their crap food.

:bigsmile:
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    That was kind of a douche-y move of them, no offense. I suggest looking at the magazine "Clean Eating" or other publications by Robert Kennedy. They often contain "clean" recipes for everyone's favorite goodies. There are healthy ways of baking cookies. As always: moderation, not deprivation.

Here's a link to a clean-eating chocolate chip cookie recipe:
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Edit: I also LOVE tabulator's response. Way to go!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thats just mean :-( Family and friends should be supportive not destructive! Their only jealous of your will power! All I can suggest is do your own shopping and cooking and ask if you can keep it all in a different cupboard and shelf :( Failing that fling their stuff in the bin or just keep moving it out the way (Stick it in the shed). Stick with it, they will soon stop if you just be tough and keep eating healthily and resisting does get easier I promise!

Any chance you could tell them to buy things/flavours that you don't like?Then you will just leave them in the cupboard anyway?

Keep your chin up your doing really well without their support!
  • letsgetskinny88
    Options
    :( tell me about it!!
  • roxie2go
    roxie2go Posts: 10
    Options
    my ex husband was really good at buying takeaways everytime i saidi wanted to lose weight called me fat beach whale etc and then would try to keep me fat well he soon became ex husband and i slowly lost over 1 stone in a year met new man getting married next year still need to drop 2 dress sizes to get to my ideal weight target x
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Surely having that berry on top of them would make them healthy??? Just kidding lol;)

I know where youre coming from. Having kids in my house, theres always snacks and other stuff that I've come to ignore. If you stock your pantry with stuff that you can eat (i.e. almonds, rice crackers, rice cakes, fruit, yoghurt etc.) you should be ok.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options

BTW if you want to post the actual picture find the IMG code and change it to lower case

So im gonna change the numbers around so it doesnt actually post the picture but it'll first look like this

Thank you! I was trying so hard to figure out how to do that. You just made my day bro. I would quote everyone on here since you all had such good responses but I don't have the time. It's not that it's killing me seeing that stuff around. I just got kind angry that they were trying to taunt me with it. I really like the suggestion to accept it and throw it in the trash! That's brilliant lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep,,, happens to me all the time,,,, BUT i like it,, makes you really see how devoted and dedicated you can be!
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    Now I have to try it out lol.

dankcookies.jpg
    By jagibb at 2012-06-17
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    3milerun.jpg
    By jagibb at 2012-06-18