Should I be eating more?

Options
I just finished my 4th week of insanity and have lost about 15 lbs (I still have 30 to lose). It's not that I'm not happy about losing 15 lbs., but I was hoping to have lost a little more by now. I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough...

I eat AT LEAST 1300 calories/day, and I try to eat back some of the calories that I burn from working out but I always figured I'd lose weight faster if I didn't eat them ALL back. As an average I burn 350 kcals from working out, so that would give me 1650 total that MFP says to eat, but I feel like eating 1650 calories/day is a lot for trying to lose weight, but maybe I'm wrong. Would I be getting better results if I ate more? Should I aim to eat back ALL the kcals I burned from working out or is that just kcals that I CAN eat if I want?

Thanks!

Replies

• joeystilley
    Options
    my opinion 15lbs in 4 weeks is a little over 3lb a week.. thats great.. probably even above average.. as far as eating back the calories.. from what i have seen on other posts the majority of people do eat back the calories burned but as for me i do not.. i feel as though i burned them for a reason i don't want them back.. but the main thing is that you have good progress.. not broke dont fix it.. then if you start to stop losing weight.. then it may be time to change something..
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    U prob could eat more. I'm 5'2 119 lbs and to lose weight I eat about 1600 a day( I go over alot) and I either lose weight or maintain but I only have a couple pounds left