Oh dear - I ate 69 calories over today

Options
13»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You're going to gain ALL your weight back. I am so disappointed.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me, right now? 69 calories. WOW - That's AWful - how are you EVER going to recover from that?
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    relax! i have gone over on sugar every day since i started mfp because i eat alot of fruit but i have still lost 36 pounds this year. everyone goes over calories once in a while. thats life. it will be fine
  • socalgirl68
    Options
    do 30 jumping jacks. there. problem solved.
    in other words, 69 is nothing.
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    for the first time in 6 weeks and it was too much sugar. How bad is this for just one day of this? Usually I've been coming in well under my calories, not eating back all of them. Hopefully I can get back on track immediately tomorrow...My workout week starts up again tomorrow(today was my rest day).
    "Oh dear" is right. This behavior is nothing short of appalling. Oh my god. 69 calories above your daily goal. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. Shame on you! SIXTY NINE calories! This is not possible. OMG. The world is going to come to an end.

JUST KIDDING! Don't fret about 69 calories, it is negligible. And how much do you eat UNDER your goal, anyway?
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Your going to die.. I'll pray for you at the funeral :laugh:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Hope it wasn't protein. You're gonna get SO bulky.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    OMG...49 more days like this and you could gain a pound!!!!

It's all good!!
  • DeeShows
    DeeShows Posts: 8
    Options
    I needed to hear this :) Thanks
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depending on what "well under" means, I'd argue there's a better chance that being well under is worse for you than being over by 69 cals.
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    If you wake up tomorrow morbidly obese, you'll know why.
    I second this.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    One of the things you need to do if you want to do this the healthy way is break yourself of the attitude that this is something you need to somehow punish yourself for. Great. You had some good food. Enjoy it. Get back on track tomorrow. But don't hate yourself or punish yourself somehow for going over, whether by a little or by a lot. The mental aspect of this is even MORE important than the physical.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    69 calories is not a big deal. You'll be fine. Remember a few things:

1. The recommend calorie levels is an estimate. It does not truly know you're required calorie amount to maintain or lose weight. It could easily be off by 69 calories anyway.

2. Assuming you are aiming for a pound per week loss, the site recommends you eat 500 calories below your maintenance level anyway. So you eating 69 calories over is still 431 calories below your estimated maintenance level.

3. It's pretty easy to make up for that small amount of calories in exercise. If I want a little extra room for calories, I'll take my dog for a moderate paced walk for 15-30 minutes.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    69 is not only your problem but could also be your solution.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    69? No way. I was going to add a smart remark to this, but I have refrained since everyone else has mentioned it. You are not going to wake up morbidly obese tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the day following that. 69 is nothing. And you should really eat within a range. Not XXX amount. I was eating 1200 calories a day, I was so hungry after, I had to adjust to 1500. I try to stay within that amount, but if I go over, I go over. I walk, I try to take care of myself, its not going to kill you if you go over 1 day. Keep up the good work.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    69 calories over isn't going to hurt you. even if you went 100 over it wouldn't hurt you at all. don't panick.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    just spit next time
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    this is the way I think about it too, somedays im under by more than 100 or more, some days i might go over, so far its evening itself out over the week, 69 is nothing, big deal move on lol.