New and nervous! 100+

Options
2»

Replies

• adr810
    adr810 Posts: 18
    Options
    I started MFP back in January but didn't really do much with it so I deleted that account and started over! I just started getting serious and I have now lost 15 lbs and I have logged in for about 20 days! I have the same amount of weight to lose as you but my first goal is just to be under 200lbs and then I will go from there! I too have always been known as the shy/quite girl! That's changed a lot since having my son and joining MFP. I feel like I have a new sense of confidence! I will send you a friend request!
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking the first step and that is joing MFP.

I agree with what everyone has said and that is take it a day at a time and set small goals. Looking at the big picture could be daunting, so take it with 5 pounds at at time for smaller goals.

I was seriously injured 8-6-11 and gained 60 pounds. I wasn't able to get back into the gym until 3-14-12 and since that time I've lost 29.7 pounds. Since joining MFP I've loss 8 of those 29.7 pounds.

One of the things that is working for me is I don't say I'm on a diet, but it's a lifestyle change. I also have taken to eating what a portion is and staying good with more veggies and fruits and I'm glad to say it's working.

Don't get discouraged when the weight doesn't come off as fast as it went on. When you find that your motivation is starting to go, just come on here and read some inspirational stories and kick it back into gear.

I've found that tracking my exercise and food has helped as well. It's easy to look back and see when you had a good week what you did and ate, and what happened when you had a not so good week.

Good luck and you can definitely add me as a friend.
  • ForMe31217
    ForMe31217 Posts: 42
    Options
    friend request sent :)
    anyone else.. please feel free to add me.. I plan on losing 185 pounds
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    way to want to change, i have reached my freind adding for the moment, so... you should add me! lol hope to hear from you good luck!
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    I started at 275 lbs :grumble: ,same height as you are, 8 months later i`m 217lbs:smokin: it's hard, it's going to take a long time :frown:
    But it is going to be the best thing you`ve ever done :flowerforyou: , just don't let little bumps or obstacles stop you, every day is a new one, and you can do better than yesterday!

Welcome back and good luck :drinker:

I am just about the same starting weight! I''m new also and it's so great to see that it can be done!! I'm hoping to be 200 by wedding next may, very achievable as long as I stick with it!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello!

We have similar stats, except I started here seven months ago and weighed 320lbs. I'm currently at 256lbs and I'm 5'5 trying to get to 150lbs.

You CAN do this, I promise! And if you'd like a friend for along the way, please feel free to add me. :)

Good luck!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

as far as your weight loss goals. Try and set small goals. Looking at the totla loss may seem overwhelming, so try and set mini goals maybe 10 lbs at a time, this should help to keep u motivated and appreciate all your small success. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Feel free to add me.

This ^^^^

A little fear at the beginning something new is normal, just don't let it get the best of you.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!! i have been where you are. if ever you need any encouragement, just holler!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey hey. I can relate to weight ruling your life. I'm finally buckling down and losing 100+ pounds for good! If you need some motivation and a friendly ear you can add me.
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    good luck with your goal! you really can do anything you set your mind to, so don't let yourself get side tracked. confidence is gained by feeling good about yourself, so this is a great place to be! feel free to add me - that way we can support each other and while interacting online is wayy different than in person, its still good practice! no need to be shy :)
  • Sarah_Hipwell
    Sarah_Hipwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey babe! Congrats on getting this far! You're motivated which is awesome. I struggle to maintain good eating every day too and I still have my cheat days. I've struggled with yoyo dieting the last few weeks as my uni semester ended and I was stressed to the max. I've also been helping some friends through some pretty heavy stuff so all my old habits crept back in!

I have some suggestions, if you're interested, to get you started:

1. Plan your weekly meals. By writing a menu plan and shopping to it you save heaps of money and you have a good idea of what you'll be eating for the week.

2. Buy a cookbook. Most people aren't born with the natural ability to just throw stuff together and make it taste amazing. Get yourself a couple of basic cookbooks to get yourself started. Once you get the hang of cooking you don't have to follow the recipes exactly because you'll have a better idea of what you're doing.

3. Bulk cook. If you have a recipe that feeds 4 and you're cooking for 1, put three meals in the freezer and eat them later. This makes cooking a little cheaper as you're not wasting ingredients that you only used half of and it's good for study times when you don't have time to cook. I work evening shifts and it's so easy to just grab a meal out of the freezer before work!

4. Incidental exercise is your friend. Walk up escalators instead of standing or, even better, use the stairs. Walk the long way. Buy a bike with a basket and use it to do your shopping instead of the bus. (Not only healthy but super cute too!)

Sorry if that sounds preachy. They're juts some things that have really helped me. Feel free to add me if you need the support. My food diary is accessible and you'll notice it's far from perfect. Yesterday involved a whole pack of oreos. Oops! But keep going and you will get there! xxx
  • miss_archer
    Options
    I have 4 wonderful kids that take a lot of energy and I need help staying on this weight loss journey. I have 150+ to lose and am in it for the long haul. Is there anyone out there that can relate, so we can support each other through this long long journey?
  • violavi
    violavi Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for all the friend requests! It's such a great community here! I just hope I can offer some support like you guys are offering me!
    And thanks @Sarah_Hipwell they are some great ideas! Esp the cook book and bike one. I'm a crap driver, so might see if I can get a cheap bike :)