What's your favorite scary movie?

2»

Replies

• HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Love horror films but dont find them scary. Fav horror film is Evil dead 2.
  • The original Nightmare on Elm St. Robert England will always be the best Freddy.

I have to agree with this! I was very disappointed in the newer one.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    I love the original 1930s version of Dracula. Built the tension and provided the shivers without resorting to blood, guts and springloaded cats.

American Werewolf in London is another favourite
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    American Werewolf in London is another favourite
    Oh yes, how could I forget this? Perfect mix of horror, comedy, awesome special effects and pathos.

Talking of awesome special effects, John Carpenter's The Thing.
  • gizziemonkey
    gizziemonkey Posts: 451
    Salem's Lot and The Exorcist
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Audition!!!

Or 2 girls, 1 cup......
  • Staci920
    Staci920 Posts: 17
    I'm a huge horror fan, but my favorite will always be John Carpenter's Halloween
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Signs, Exorcist and Sixth Sense are some of my favorites.

I don't like to watch the scary ones that could actually happen, like Last House on the Left or Strangers. Those scare the hell out of me. I'll watch them but I'll be completely freaked out for the rest of the night and I WILL NOT watch them when there are no other adults in the house.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    The Changeling - with George C Scott.
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    I've been a huge fan of horror movies since I was 8 years old. All time favorite is still The Exorcist. I'm also very partial to any movie with Vincent Price in it. Am going to a horror convention in September and first one I plan on standing in line to meet will be Kane Hodder :smile:

I am so jealous!!!! I abosultely LOVE Kane Hodder! He has a tattoo on his lip and i think its awesome!
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Hellraiser is a fave. Also The Shining.

The last ones to make me jump were the Grudge and Mirrors.
  • The Ring

I never saw the Japanese version, just the American remake. But that was bad enough--it scared the bajeezus outta me. (And I can only imagine how much scarier the original must be.) Now whenever I'm all alone watching TV, I'm always a little paranoid that a homicidal girl with long dark hair might crawl out of it.
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Hostel
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Hostel
    This. What was particularly scary was the fact that I could realy believe that this could be true.