Can't fall asleep...

Options
smartandtrim
smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
I have a big day tomorrow, and can't seem to get to sleep. Do you all have any tips?

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    baths always make me tired
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Awwww. That's the worst. I use melatonin to sleep during the day. I'm sure that doesn't help you right,now. Good luck :-(
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Benidryl, I will take 1 pill if I'm really tired but ill take 2 if I'm totally wired and just can't sleep! If your a coffee or any kind of caffeine drink I would try not drinking a few hours before bed also try not to workout before bed too that sometimes wires me more then coffee or pop does! Best of luck Doll!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Midnight pills, hot bath, hot whole milk, Pandora classical stations or old reruns (Golden Girls, for example), and even candles. XD
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had the hot milk, can't do the benedryl because it will knock me out and I have to be up at 6am to catch a bus...
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    sleepy time tea or warm milk for me
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i tend to daydream to be honest, i just think of something random like my upcoming wedding for instants and i tend to drift off after a few minutes
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Listening to Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's music helps me get to sleep. I'd recommend popping his name in to Pandora, since his cds can be a little expensive.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Had the hot milk, can't do the benedryl because it will knock me out and I have to be up at 6am to catch a bus...
    Oh boy little sister your screwed then:-( if benidryl knocks you out only take a half pill, it also depending on the time for me also it will knocks me out . I recommend you not taking melatonin, that will kick your azz, it knock me the hell out big time, then when I wake up it feels like I've been out drinking all night hang over feel, my husband is 6'5" 270lbs. he taes Melatonin and it knocks him out, hes extra groggy when he wakes up! Best wishes Doll!
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    I read this tip somewhere and it works so well for me. Tense your whole body up and count to 10. Then slowly relax your muscles starting at your toes, going slowly up to your head. I'm not sure why but this really works for me.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I am going to try that when i get home
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Oh boy little sister your screwed then:-( if benidryl knocks you out only take a half pill, it also depending on the time for me also it will knocks me out . I recommend you not taking melatonin, that will kick your azz, it knock me the hell out big time, then when I wake up it feels like I've been out drinking all night hang over feel, my husband is 6'5" 270lbs. he taes Melatonin and it knocks him out, hes extra groggy when he wakes up! Best wishes Doll!
    I'm glad you said that about melatonin. I use it, but I didn't realize it would have that effect. Some days when I get up I feel hung over. I always just thought that it was because I was so exhausted.