Natural Peanutbutter

Options
I bought some natural peanut butter for the first time yesterday. It tastes pretty much the same, but is the consistency supposed to be so liquidy? It's much runnier than regular peanut butter, and when I first opened it I had to pour off about a tablespoon of liquid off the top.

I'm just checking because I bought it from Aldi and while most of their food is good, there are somethings to stay away from.

Replies

• LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    Options
    Don't worry, that's the way it usually is..I buy natural peanut butter all the time. Just stir it up from the bottom and keep in in the refrigerator.

Regular peanut butter (with all the additives and junk) in it doesn't do this 'cause it isn't ..well, natural..

Nothing to worry about!
  • shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    Options
    it is, its just the separated oil, next time don't pour it out just stir it and it will mix back in.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I bought some natural peanut butter for the first time yesterday. It tastes pretty much the same, but is the consistency supposed to be so liquidy? It's much runnier than regular peanut butter, and when I first opened it I had to pour off about a tablespoon of liquid off the top.

I'm just checking because I bought it from Aldi and while most of their food is good, there are somethings to stay away from.

don't pour it, mix it!!! it is the oils and everything since there aren't any sugars to hold it together(i think thats what it is) and you have to refrigerate it!!!!!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's still good :)

You can get natural peanut butter that separates like you have - as mentioned above, you just stir the oils right back in and store it in the fridge...

You can also get a Skippy brand version that you don't have to stir or refrigerate.

You can also get unsalted roasted (shelled) peanuts and stick them in a blender to make your own. YUMMMY!!!! We keep ours in the fridge, but if you use it up in a week or two, our healthfood store said there would really be no need to refrigerate it. Might get a second opinion on the refrigerating part though. LOL
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok....didn't think to put it in the fridge. Thanks!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

Don't pour out the oil! That is a healthy oil and your peanut butter will dry out without it. Mix it in then put it in the fridge and it won't separate again.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

Don't pour out the oil! That is a healthy oil and your peanut butter will dry out without it. Mix it in then put it in the fridge and it won't separate again.

lol
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    If you can find it at an organic store, try the 'Better'n Peanut Butter" brand. Its not watery and is out of this world delish!!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    its because there is no hydrogenated oil in it!
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Another tip, after you stir it, store it in the fridge upside down. I have noticed that this keeps the it from separating again and it also prevents the bottom of the peanut butter from getty dried out which sometimes happens with natural peanut butter. Works for me. Just be careful when you open it!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    It's still good :)

You can get natural peanut butter that separates like you have - as mentioned above, you just stir the oils right back in and store it in the fridge...

You can also get a Skippy brand version that you don't have to stir or refrigerate.

You can also get unsalted roasted (shelled) peanuts and stick them in a blender to make your own. YUMMMY!!!! We keep ours in the fridge, but if you use it up in a week or two, our healthfood store said there would really be no need to refrigerate it. Might get a second opinion on the refrigerating part though. LOL

The skippy natural website says they developed it, so you know there is some non-natural stuff going on that is not being told. They say no partially hydrogenated oils or partially hydrogenated oils, but they have done something to the palm oil they add to make it stick together................

Just my 2 cents.

You are best to get it with the oil on top and mix it in.

I have to get