PETA's Billboards aimed at overweight Women

Options
Wecandothis
Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
I wish I was making this up. But I have to say I've not stopped laughing since I saw this news piece about the PETA bill boards in Jacksonville Florida that targets overweight women.

http://www.comcast.net/video/peta-heavy-women-are-like-whales/1218302300/

It's just... heh. Well have a look see for yourself.

I'm off now to go eat a HUGE piece of steak. I'm following that up with some chicken, and perhaps even a pork chop. :wink:

Happy to be an omnivore...

CK

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thats like anti-advertising. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cause it's the MEAT that makes me fat, not the ENTIRE BAG OF DORITOS!

F--- PETA. :grumble:
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    How many of us are out their eating Whale Meat??????:ohwell:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Very disrespectful, but that's PETA for you. Remember when they handed out anti-milk pamphlets with false claims in them to school children? I'm all for treating animals well, but my donations go to the SPCA. And if I need advice what to eat, I'll ask a Registered Dietitian.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    How many of us are out their eating Whale Meat??????:ohwell:

ROFL!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Very disrespectful, but that's PETA for you. Remember when they handed out anti-milk pamphlets with false claims in them to school children? I'm all for treating animals well, but my donations go to the SPCA. And if I need advice what to eat, I'll ask a Registered Dietitian.

and their crazy advertisement after tim mclean was brutally murdered on greyhound

[IMG SRC= http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.nationalpost.com/707452.bin?size=404x272[/IMG]

i dont know how to post images!! but you can copy the link into your browser
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    LOL... I got my husband a t-shirt for Christmas that said ... PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals). On the back, it says "I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself"

So politically incorrect, but oh so funny. We can get away with it here, but I wouldn't want to wear it in a bigger city, I'd probably get my butt kicked. I love at the end of the video when the guy is talking about t-rexes and brontosaurs... LOL
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I am with ya on that one. I am having pork loins for dinner tonite. Yumy!!! :bigsmile:
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Yet another reason to not support them

Time for a nice, big juicy steak.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the video yet. I'll have to wait util I go on my lunch break cause I'm at work. But this is the way I feel about eating meat. God gave us permission to eat meat so I'm gonna eat meat.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    PETA are a group of shock jocks who will never be taken seriously! I think most vegetarians are trying to do something good for health and the environment and I feel they're to be applauded. PETA just destroys all of the hard work of more discrete vegetarians who often have a valid point. Compassionate carnivores is a movement gaining momentum and I think that's the way to go!
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    PS Fox news is a f**king joke! Was this "news" aired before or after Britney's latest meltdown?
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    PETA are a group of shock jocks who will never be taken seriously! I think most vegetarians are trying to do something good for health and the environment and I feel they're to be applauded. PETA just destroys all of the hard work of more discrete vegetarians who often have a valid point. Compassionate carnivores is a movement gaining momentum and I think that's the way to go!

Oh my gosh! You made my conspiracy theory fetish kick in!! Now I'm wondering if the real purpose of PETA is to do the opposite of what they say they want to do!!!

Hee hee. This kind of thing just amuses me to no end. I like that. Compassionate Carnivores. :) Cause I love animals - I have four big rescued dogs to prove it. They eat meet too! :wink:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh! You made my conspiracy theory fetish kick in!! Now I'm wondering if the real purpose of PETA is to do the opposite of what they say they want to do!!!

Hee hee. This kind of thing just amuses me to no end. I like that. Compassionate Carnivores. :) Cause I love animals - I have four big rescued dogs to prove it. They eat meet too! :wink:

As a firm believer in the value of the food chain, I would have to agree that Compassionate Carnivores is the way to go. Killing an animal for human sustenance = okay. Animal cruelty to line pockets and save time = not okay. :frown:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Peta people

Now they are going crazy in Philly because of the Mike Vick signing
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Wow, if they only knew how many vegans were on here trying to lose weight :laugh:.

I'm all for a vegan lifestyle but it's hardly a means to not become overweight.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This has me LMAO!!!!

Yep I think it's time for some steak!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

and their crazy advertisement after tim mclean was brutally murdered on greyhound

[IMG SRC= http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.nationalpost.com/707452.bin?size=404x272[/IMG]

i dont know how to post images!! but you can copy the link into your browser

707452.bin?size=404x272

That is disrespectful to Tim McLean, his family, and humankind.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I can't stand Peta people

Now they are going crazy in Philly because of the Mike Vick signing

I have no problem with them upset about the Michael Vick issue. I think THAT is what they should stand for!!

But having a problem with people for eating livestock raised to be made into ground chuck? Nope -- get over it.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't always agree with PETA. But every once in a while they are right. KFC shouldn't torture chickens. And I'm still mad at Micheal Vick- I don't think a million dollar contract is the right thing to offer him- especially considering that he will be a role model for many, and has behaved so poorly...

The ad doesn't make me want to eat steak, I'm a pescatarian (fish only for me!) and it can be insulting- and factually incorrect- but it's not worse than plenty of other advertising that suggests a way to lose weight. Plenty of ads are derogatory toward heavy people, PETA is not alone there. Whale is not a nice word, but plenty of ads aren't nice. The real sickening one is the one some how connected to the murder of a human being. That's just ugly.