Calories burned from Strengath Training

Options
Hi all

I am new here and my first day and was adding my Exercise for the day, I added my indoor rower fine and Calories Burned it shows are fine/spot on. But my question is i want to add dumbbell training which only appears under Strength Training exercise which makes sense, but the problem is that it does not show the "Calorie" effort used for strength training - is this normal? ie i did "Standing One-Arm Dumbbell Curls" of 2 x 20 reps of 5kg. Is it just that the Calorie usage is so low with Strength training that it is not tracked? or as i am using such a low weight it is more cardiovascular?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Replies

• chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can put calories burned under cardio. There is a strength training section there, but I am not sure how accurate it is.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    ^^^^ This. Just a suggestion, if you don't already have one i would suggest investing in a heart rate monitor. That way, you would still enter your workouts (strength and cardio) under the cardio but have a more accurate calorie burn. I personally use the Polar FT4. It comes with a chest strap and works great. Good luck.

- Luis
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This. Just a suggestion, if you don't already have one i would suggest investing in a heart rate monitor. That way, you would still enter your workouts (strength and cardio) under the cardio but have a more accurate calorie burn. I personally use the Polar FT4. It comes with a chest strap and works great. Good luck.

- Luis

HRM's are not accurate for strength training. Strength training uses anaerobic pathways to burn calories.