Cellulite & Stretch marks

Options
nothing1994
nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
Just wondering...

After loosing alot of weight (over 100 Ib) does the apperance of cellulite get better? How about strech marks?

Replies

• athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    For stretch marks, cocoa butter moisturizer is supposed to help. As for the cellulite? I don't think there's really much that can be done, it's genetic, and about 90% of women out there have it.
  • Leesa808
    Leesa808 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing what responses are posted for this topic, I was kinda wondering the same was, and I was thinking there must be some sort of solution for these issues. Thanks for posting!!!!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    from all that i have read.....your stuck with the stretch marks:0( ! but as for the celulite, there was an article on here about firm fat vs squishy fat and from what i got out of it cellulite is the middle stage between being FAT FAT and skinny. so i took it as you haven't let yourself go so far that you have hard fat, you're catching it at middle ground. it's good thing. use the search box ....BRB let me see if i can find it.....

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html ......i am assuming cellulite falls into squishy, anyway hope it help if not interesting anyway:0)
  • ashies126
    ashies126 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jergen's skin firming moisturizer is great.. but cellulite goes away with time as you tone your muscles. Even skinny people who are not toned have cellulite
  • hehthurr
    hehthurr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Jergen's stuff yourself? I have almost invisible stretch marks and they're tiny (I' m lucky) but *I* know they're there and it makes me too self conscious.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting has helped a lot with my cellulite. I was lucky enough to not have stretch marks.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting has greatly improved the look of my cellulite. Squats, lunges with heavy weights will do wonders!!!
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    Nature's aid is a miracle for stretch marks, as well as any skin-related problem you can think of! (I swear I don't work for them! lol it's seriously just awesome)

http://www.naturesaid.ca/
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    also- as for stretch marks- they fade over time. I have them- lots of them, but the have faded. There isn't a way to get rid of them that I know. I still think that lifting has helped the general appearance of my body! :)
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    I will repeat the sentiments about lifting heavy helping cellulite. I have only been lifting heavy for a few weeks and can see a major difference in the cellulite on the backs of my legs.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Cellulite may get better with exercise and tightening of the skin, stretch marks are there for life, pls don't listen to people who say creams and this and that will get rid of em, waste of time and money.......the only way to "remove" them is on the belly by a tummy tuck.......sorry girlie, learn to love em, all you can do! And yes they will lighten up in time, from red streaks to silver streaks.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting has helped a lot with my cellulite. I was lucky enough to not have stretch marks.

Me too. It's really going away, finally!
  • ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    Cellulite will get better with more muscle tone, although it will likely never go away completely. Stretch marks, unfortunately, are forever.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting has greatly improved the look of my cellulite. Squats, lunges with heavy weights will do wonders!!!

^^This, for sure! I also use the Jergen's firming lotion. Not sure it's really doing anything since I'm losing the cellulite little by little through my weight training. But, I do like it, and they have a version that gives you a gradual tan. for someone as pasty white as me, that's awesome!
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options

^^This, for sure! I also use the Jergen's firming lotion. Not sure it's really doing anything since I'm losing the cellulite little by little through my weight training. But, I do like it, and they have a version that gives you a gradual tan. for someone as pasty white as me, that's awesome!

Oh yes, and a little tan does do wonders!!!!!!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Cellulite will be reduced once there is not so much fat on top of the muscle. My 16 yo step daughter whos 5ft9" and 110lbs has cellulite. Shes fat skinny
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Oh thank you for asking this! I've been trying to lose weight for eight months now, and no one addresses cellulite! I still have mine and I know I need to get my body fat down, but that's where my knowledge tops out. I'm interested to see what people say.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from my kiddo, but have been using the generic version on Mederma (used Mederma first but it's expensive and the generic is basically the same but half the cost( and it has visable made my stretch marks much less noticable. I just get the generic version at Walgreens.
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    i used avon stretch mark cream and that helped reduce my stretchmarks
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!