excersizing while on your period!

Options
are any of u other ladies having a hard time with exercise while on your period. im on day 2 of cycle and when i tell u my stomach is killing me and i feel so tired and drained, its an under statement!!!! iv been doing so great this last week 1/2 and been working out everyday, but yesturday on day one of period i felt super misrable and just couldnt go anymore! on top of that seems like i got hungry as hell lol! any other ladies struggle during that time?

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I have the same problem. Just do what you can. Working out for me sometimes helps the cramps as well. I feel like when I have my "visitor" that I can't push myself as hard. Low energy.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i feel like i used to.....i pushed through and now i feel like i have my best workouts during TOM! took sometime but i don't even get the pains i used to. push through!
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! Mine's starting today/tomorrow and it sucks! And the scale is NOT your friend during this time either!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hahaha the scale is evil during TOM. I honestly skip my workouts and just do a walk everyday during mine.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I tend to go easy for about two days out of every TOM week, I cramp badly and feel sooo weak and tired, I earn those rest days, lol.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    under success stories? ...lol
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You feel rubbish and like your moving through treacle? Stick with it and go gently doing what you can... I actually find it helps with pain
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    i workout through mine, however much the pain, aint gunna stop me, dam inconvienience lol
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Horrible though it can sometimes be (before I was on the Pill, it'd be a regular occurence for me to nearly be vomming over my kettlebell), I find exercise helps with all the associated period delights - those endorphins are little wonderdrugs.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. Mines will start today/tomorrow and all I want to do is eat and sleep, eat and sleep. It's as though no matter how much you eat you still feel hungry!

I've decided that no matter what I'm staying on track and I'm going to PUSH through my workouts.

Also, the scale is NOT our friend during this time so I just may be avoiding it this week.
  • healthyamberB
    healthyamberB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I cramp really bad during TOM so whenever i feel myself starting to cramp i RUN. If i stop, I cramp even more worse so I don't stop till the cramps do. The cramps actually help me though, I never run that much without them :smile:
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I find exercising while having my period relieves the bloating and cramping, I usually feel so much better after.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i have birth control that eliminates my periods. it is wonderful.
    no babies, no bleeding, no pms! i'm happy.

i was a horribly moody wench before it though. i didn't even want to get out of bed.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I suck it up and keep going! I might go a little lower intensity if i feel like my pelvis is going to fall out, but I haul my booty in there and DO it.

Honestly, my cramps have gotten a lot milder since I have been working out....and don't hate, but last month I actually LOST weight the few days before aunt flo showed up!! I think it was only a few ounces, but I never gained it back...
  • Miss_E_
    Miss_E_ Posts: 45
    Options
    I use to skip exercising whilst on my period, but in the end i got fed up of it ruling my life every month and disrupting my exercise routine, now i just push through it and it helps ease the cramps and i feel so much better for it :) x
  • Smile5210
    Smile5210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure to keep your iron up!! Your period can make you anemic which can make you weak and tired!! I can't get enough steak when I have mine, but there are a ton of healthy food options with iron!
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/543750-what-food-has-more-iron-than-steak/
  • Nikocan
    Nikocan Posts: 95
    Options
    I know its hard..i am on TOM an yesterday I was so lethargic, its not even funny! But today I felt so much better..No cramps..no pain..just a lot of energy...As hard as it is, its awesome if you push through and get even a little bit of workout cause it helps..It really does.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I get the depo shot for birth control so I dont get a period at all.... But, several friends of mine say if you can get yourself up and exercising it actually helps with cramps.....

Good luck and I hope you fell better!
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know, right? I always feel so tired and bloaty and don't feel like doing anything. I haven't been doing this long, but when my TOM came around this month, I just went for a walk those days rather than doing anything intense. Better than nothing, I figure! As long as I do some kind of movement as many days of the week as I can I think I'll be fine.
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    lol u ladies r hillarious!!! thanx for all the responses im going to go ahead and put on my shoes and do the damn thing, even if im throwing up afterwards! its gunna b difficult, im currently on day 4 of the 30 day shred and that workout is very intense for me! wish me luck :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!