Help! I went over my daily allowance by 2 calories!

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm glad another sane person has joined mfp :)
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You were over by 2 calories??? Obviously you're not serious about this weight loss stuff and need to get off this website.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    haha... I agree!!

I was afraid you were being serious at first!!

Other people - "Oops, I went over by 10 calories :( !!"

Me - "Oops, I went over by 2,000 calories :( !!" hahahhaa

Just don't give up everyone!! and keep trying every day to make healthier choices :):):)
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Thanks for the early morning laugh! :laugh:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I opened this ready to be pissed off...glad it was the opposite.
    Thank you for "getting it".

This - I was ready to be like "geez" haha
    x
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You were over by 2 calories??? Obviously you're not serious about this weight loss stuff and need to get off this website.

Read the original post! She was expressing how silly it is to stress about going over your daily calories when this whole process is the start of a new lifestyle, and even suggested that even if someone is over by 200 calories they should just move on and maybe move a bit more by taking a walk or something to counterbalance the overage.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm in a "fitness challenge" with a bunch of people I used to do Rocky Horror with. The bonus goal I set for myself a few months back was to be under goal every day that month. One day I was going to be over by 5 calories. I busted out 2 minutes worth of jumping jacks to get back under total. :laugh:

Last weekend I went to a bachelor party. I got up early and did a double workout to have enough calories for shots. I still wound up over my calories by at least 400 calories, it was the only day I've been over my calories since January and that includes my birthday and the superbowl. I'm not stressing even though it's possible I missed a few shots. I'm doing great and that one day is like throwing a pebble in the river of my fitness. It won't change the course.

Stressing over 2 or even 50 calories is silly, but I did it that day because I didn't want to lose to Alex that month. Now my bonus goals are things like 5k and 10k runs so I'm really not going to quibble about a few calories here and there as long as I keep fitting into smaller clothes and can run faster/further.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    stresses me out just about as much as seeing all the girls that are having a hard time losing weight and they're "only eating 1000 calories"..... *pounds head against a wall*..... OBVIOUSLY!! EAT WOMAN!!! hahaha I'm losing at 1900 these girls are crazy!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Read the original post! She was expressing how silly it is to stress about going over your daily calories when this whole process is the start of a new lifestyle, and even suggested that even if someone is over by 200 calories they should just move on and maybe move a bit more by taking a walk or something to counterbalance the overage.

Um....I believe they were making a joke also.....
  • Lucille51
    Lucille51 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yeah well said! and lets enjoyed every little one of them :happy:
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I knew I should've used the sarcasm font.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options

lolol
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness your topic heading was sarcasm.

I completely agree with you! However at the same time my OCD mind is like... oh god we're in the red, we failed................... it's stupid.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1st world problem.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bait and switch! Here I thought I was going to read about a really neuratic person. Heck if I'm over by 200 I consider it a successful day, now over by 2000 not so much...
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    yep yep
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness your topic heading was sarcasm.

I completely agree with you! However at the same time my OCD mind is like... oh god we're in the red, we failed................... it's stupid.

This is me.
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    Love this! I hate when people stress it, especially because it is almost virtually impossible to know EXACTLY how many calories you eat everyday. Nutritional information/labels are not the gospel of caloric intake, it's just a really good estimate. May as well stop stressing and just do your best.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Love this topic!! haha

Those little red numbers piss me off though!! but you're absolutely right...it's all estimates!
  • kdurden
    kdurden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you weren't actually worrying about 2 calories. I was shaking my head and then I was so relieved.