firming exercises

Options
Hi
so i have managed loose almost 2 stones in three months just by cutting down my food... i am a lazy coach potato so not much exercises done beside walking my dog... now i end up with size 12 and flabs all over... sell me some tips on firming my legs, hips and belly please!!!! time to move a bit!
Ta

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    There is only muscle building or fat loss.

How do you feel about picking up a barbell?
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yoga and pilates are excellent forms of exercise for toning and firming. They are low impact and can be easily modified until you become stronger. I absolutely love these forms of exercise. They give you the long lean look (dancer look).
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have some light weights at home 2, 3, 5 and 10 pounds and I do couple of strength DVDS including JM no more trouble zone. Love these workouts. There are also some nice workouts with weights on youtube (for free)...check out beFit links from Youtube.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of exercises that will firm up your legs, hips and belly. I like lunges and squats. Also walking or running up stairs will do wonders, though if you don't like exercise, that might not be your cup of tea.

Hiking in a hilly area is really good for this area too.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have some light weights at home 2, 3, 5 and 10 pounds and I do couple of strength DVDS including JM no more trouble zone. Love these workouts. There are also some nice workouts with weights on youtube (for free)...check out beFit links from Youtube.

I second this - get yourself the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD and a couple of handweights.
  • iwonajakubiak
    iwonajakubiak Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I second this - get yourself the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD and a couple of handweights.

Just downloading 30days shred by her? hope this will be good? Thank you !!!
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options

im not sure... still plenty of fat left and muscle are weak hahahah i need to move i guess!!!
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options
    Yoga and pilates are excellent forms of exercise for toning and firming. They are low impact and can be easily modified until you become stronger. I absolutely love these forms of exercise. They give you the long lean look (dancer look).

what about callanetics? i have done it around 20 years ago and it worked for me then... is it something similar to pilates?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

im not sure... still plenty of fat left and muscle are weak hahahah i need to move i guess!!!

Check out New Rules of lifting for women.
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts!!! X
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are very similar! Good luck on your quest. I know the feeling, I don't like exercising, but I make myself and I try to find things I enjoy. Right now, I am enjoying the treadmill and yoga. Feel free to friend me if you like!