NSV - jean shorts!

sarah2954
sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
I started this lifestyle 5 months ago in a pants size 18 (US). I went shopping with my fiance Saturday and was looking for shorts that aren't athletic. I found a cute pair of jeans shorts, but the wash I wanted was only available in a 6 or 16. So I grabbed the 6, and a darker pair in an 8. I tried the 6 on first and they fit!! I couldn't believe it :) And I lost 3 pounds last week, so that was a nice scale victory too!

ETA:

(because a few people asked and I'm sure more will be curious :)

The first month, I ate between 500-1000 calories a day. I lost a lot, but it wasn't healthy or sustainable. Then I upped to 1200, and made sure I ate that every day, and I lost a bit more than 2 pounds a week. In late April I bought a pedometer and made sure I walked 10,000+ steps a day, and upped to 1300. On 5/2 I started C25K, and am on week 6 now (I'll be running 20 minutes tomorrow!) So I ws running 3 days a week, and eating back my exercise cals. I got a bike last week and the four days I don't run, I bike. My toddler's trailer will be here today so she'll be joining me on my rides (and helping me burn more!) So now I do some cardio 7 days a week, and eat between 1450 - 1550.

I'm super close to maintenance and am surprised at how fast I'm still losing. I'm actually stressing about switching to maintenance and trying to STOP losing (can't believe I just typed that haha - feels good)

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Way to go!!!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Wow!!! that is a great NSV! 18 to size 6!! amazing. what are you doing?
  • edbecc
    edbecc Posts: 6 Member
    Congrats! I know how great that must have felt!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Nice job!!
    Great NSV AND scale victory.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Congratulations! That is AMAZING! Please share your what you have done to get such great results!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    wow!! that's great!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 236 Member
    That's a great feeling! Congratulations!!!
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Now, that is an amazing loss. Good for you.
  • sarah2954
    Diet and exercise lol.

The first month, I ate between 500-1000 calories a day. I lost a lost, but it wasn't healthy or sustainable. Then I upped to 1200, and made sure I ate that every day, and I lost a bit more than 2 pounds a week. In late April I bought a pedometer and made sure I walked 10,000+ steps a day, and upped to 1300. On 5/2 I started C25K, and am on week 6 now (I'll be running 20 minutes tomorrow!) So I ws running 3 days a week, and eating back my exercise cals. I got a bike last week and the four days I don't run, I bike. My toddler's trailer will be here today so she'll be joining me on my rides (and helping me burn more!) So now I do some cardio 7 days a week, and eat between 1450 - 1550.

I'm super close to maintenance and am surprised at how fast I'm still losing. I'm actually stressing about switching to maintenance and trying to STOP losing (can't believe I just typed that haha - feels good)
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    That is the best feeling when you try on a smaller size not expecting it to fit and it does. I know when this has happened to me in my journey (46 lbs lost) I just want to jump up and down and scream. I then run to my phone and text my closet friend to tell him my great news. Your fiance must have been so excited for you too. Great job!!!!!
  • sarah2954
    That is the best feeling when you try on a smaller size not expecting it to fit and it does. I know when this has happened to me in my journey (46 lbs lost) I just want to jump up and down and scream. I then run to my phone and text my closet friend to tell him my great news. Your fiance must have been so excited for you too. Great job!!!!!

He was! I WAS jumping up and down when I cam out of the fitting room! He's doing this with me. He's lost 75 pounds in the past 5 months. He was only able to shop in the big and tall section at department or specialty stores ($$$) and he bought size XL (one X!!!!) athletic shorts for riding his bike. He was soooo excited too :)
  • thenataliej
    thenataliej Posts: 51 Member

He was! I WAS jumping up and down when I cam out of the fitting room! He's doing this with me. He's lost 75 pounds in the past 5 months. He was only able to shop in the big and tall section at department or specialty stores ($$$) and he bought size XL (one X!!!!) athletic shorts for riding his bike. He was soooo excited too :)

That is sooooo amazing. I am happy for both of you. Just think of the great example you two are being to your child.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    WONDERFUL!! :drinker:

One of my first major NSV's was buying myself a pair of real (above the knee) jean shorts, so I know EXACTLY how you feel.:bigsmile: And it is so exciting when you have to try a SMALLER size instead of a bigger one. :smile:

So happy for you!! Keep up the fantastic work and hold on to this feeling!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!