Crawling back on the wagon.

Options
I've been a member of mfp since March. I have allowed the past month and a half to slip away...gaining almost 10 pounds more than my starting weight. Part of me wants to delete this account and start fresh, another part of me wants to own my mistakes and keep pushing forward so I can look back at my badassery in the future. Either way, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. A little motivation and maybe a few new friends would be superb.

Replies

• Frock_Tarts32
    Options
    I have done the same thing. Started at 70 after 2 months I am 72. It sucks but dont delete your account. Start again. I do it every monday knowing that one monday I wont have to start again!!! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Do whichever one is going to help you start again. This account, another account, it doesn't matter so long as you are working towards your goal.

So sweetie, tighten up that belt and get started!!
  • FAYESY84
    FAYESY84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm the same; have gone back to my starting weight plus a few extra. Don't delete; we need to learn from mistakes not run from them. You can do it,just because you fell off doesn't mean you can't get back on!
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't delete!
    You can do this.
    Dust yourself off and get back up on that wagon.

If you need a supportive friend feel free to add me.
  • cricket_0408
    cricket_0408 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just crawled back on last Monday. I really thought I could do it without the "hassle" of logging every single thing since I logged for so long I figured I knew what I was eating. Yeah right. That just makes it that much easier to lie to yourself... at least it was for me.
  • determinedsocialworker
    determinedsocialworker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey... I hear ya. I've lost the same 10 pounds about 3 times in the last 6 months but finally am over the hurdle and am back on the downward swing.. you can do this.. you wrote the message and reached out.. that's an amazing start!!! Feel free to add if you'd like... keep moving forward and remember, it takes a while to change your lifestyle and that's totally okay... :) Hope you have a great day!!!
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Joined MFP last July and lost nearly 15 lbs. Then some life events happened that distracted me. I'm now 5 lbs heavier than when I joined last year. I'm on day two of my "new beginning"...so far, so good. I too thought about deleting my account, but realized it was a good tool and really helped me last time. So, here I am starting new...and looking for more friends to help keep me motivated and on track.