Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pain in the knees

After a really long run yesterday my knees are totally thrashed... What do you do to get over this?

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Ice! Also walking (if that isn't painful). Don't let them get stiff! Still gotta keep them moving even though it hurts. I also usually take 1-2 days off and bike instead of run after I do a really long run.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    I have horrible knee problems after the Army. I can tell you a few good tricks to help you out.

1. Take Motrin or ibuprofen in instead of Tylenol, Honestly I prefer Naproxen Sodium( it is a pain reliever and anti Inflammatory.)

2. Do not just use heat or Ice alone... Put Ice on for 10-15 Min. Then go to Heat for 10-15 min.

3. If nothing else, stretch them, if you can short slow walks around the house will help... If you let them get still after a hard work out, they will get stiff, and that hurts worse.

4. A good hot bath, with Epsom Salts helps some.

5. When ever possible, Elevate the affected knee. The higher it is the less inflammation will occur.

hope this helps!
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Excellent suggestions, thanks so much! They both hurt pretty bad but I can hobble around a little... I'll try some cold/hot therapy later on if the pain doesn't start to subside
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Excellent suggestions, thanks so much! They both hurt pretty bad but I can hobble around a little... I'll try some cold/hot therapy later on if the pain doesn't start to subside

If nothing else lay on your back on the couch/floor and bend you knees, by slowly pulling your foot back to your butt. The idea is just to keep the stiffness from setting in.