Monday - even dogs don't want to get up

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
Zephyr didn't want to get up this morning either. I called her, my voice oozing sweetness, until she came out of her kennel, she walked over to the door and when I let her outside, she turned around and gave me the evilest look ever! If it looks could kill, it would have been death by doggy stare this morning.

Willy, on the other hand, was shaking by the bed waiting for me when I got up and bounded outside without a problem.

Gotta love the dogs!

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Awww...thanks for sharing, Shar...Our dogs certainly have wonderful personalities. They can TOTALLY make us feel happy, sad, guilty, frustrated...the gamut! But they have total and uncompromising loyalty if we raise them that way. My granddog Rico is six years old now. I never thought I would have grandkids...so I spent as much time with him as I could...even dreaming of him when I didn't see him for weeks ... cause I missed him so much! Now that the grandkids are here, he doesn't get absolute undivided attention anymore! He is soo patient with my two year old grandson who is so loving toward him...but as a two year, he can get rambunctious with trying to climb on him or hold his short tail to follow him around (he is a beautiful black standard poodle)... Rico is very ball motivated...and he is your friend for life if you throw the ball for him...He will retrieve and bring the ball back so he can catch it again. hehehe....he will even place the ball on your lap and wait up to TEN minutes (I counted one time)...for you to throw him the ball before he will give up and take the ball back and play with it himself or lay down figuring there will be a next time. Yes...I sometimes think of life without him...but, can't for long...cause he brings us sooo much joy, and life is for the living! I will see Rico in a few hours when I take care of grandkids...That is always a joy...cause when he sees me...he knows he will get attention!! hehehe...have a productive day...and Stay Focused...Congrats again for the pounds down. You done WELL in that department :happy: Thanks for sharing your story this morning, and getting the chance to share mine. HAPPY MONDAY :flowerforyou: