Help! Post Your Cheap, Easy, Healthy Lunches Here!

Options
2»

Replies

• CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My household monthly budget just went down last month by about $850, so I'm about to need to start being very creative and CHEAP with my meals. 'Bumping' this so I can come back later & check out all the great ideas. Thank you!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    TUNA STACKERS :)

2 CANS TUNA
    4-5 HARD BOILED EGG WHITES
    1/2 CHOPPED GREEN BELL PEPPER
    1/2 CHOPPED RED BELL PEPPER
    1 TBSP. DICED RED ONION
    1/2 CUP FROZEN PEAS
    1 TOMATO DICED

SEASON WITH BALSAMIC VINEGRETTE
    A LITTLE PARMESEAN CHEESE
    GARLIC SALT AND PEPPER

LEAVE IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT
    STACK ON CRACKERS OR BREAD
    SERVE OVER SALAD
    GREAT WITH CUCUMBER SLICES OR CELERY TOO
    YOU CAN STUFF RAW BELL PEPPER CUPS WITH THIS TOO

I USE FROZEN PEAS BECAUSE IT KEEPS THE TUNA COLD WHILE IN TRANSIT :)
    SUPER FILLING, HIGH PROTEIN, FIBER, LOW FAT AND LOTS OF VEGGIES!
    THIS RECIPE WILL EASILY FEED 3 GIRLS
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love to take a boneless chicken breast I cut it in half (long ways)...beat it until thin. Then put asparagus on top & roll it up. You can add cheese to the inside also. I season the top with a little chicken rub. I cook it about 25 mins on 350...It's all very tender, and juicy. It reheats well for the next day.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1 egg
    50g quark
    add filling(toms,cheese,mushrooms, ham ect)
    a crustless quishe nice and creamy!

bake in oven until set! :bigsmile:
  • Smcbay81
    Smcbay81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Whole wheat tortillas - fill them with chopped tomato, avacado, green/orange peppers, onion, spinach, arugala, etc. I use a little bit of light/fat free sour cream. It's delicious and inexpensive!!

*If you have an oven in the kitchen at work, toss the tortillas in for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees - I think they are a little better with some crispness to them :)
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I found that zucchini turkey burger recipe on Pinterest too and I've been meaning to try it! Thanks for the ideas!
  • vzucco
    Options
    1 egg
    50g quark

This looks great, but what is quark? Am I missing something here?
  • vzucco
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I have a ton of ideas now that I know they will love :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1 egg
    50g quark

This looks great, but what is quark? Am I missing something here?

doyou guys not have it,ok its a little like philadelphia but healthier! and no flavour! :bigsmile:
  • bekihughes
    bekihughes Posts: 59
    Options
    Salsa chicken: Throw chicken breast, salsa, and black beans in a crock pot. Cook till you can shred it, drain and serve on whole wheat tortillas.

This!!!
    I also put 3 chicken breast in a crockpot with Frank's Hot sauce (about 2 Tbls) and 1/2 a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix. Six hours shred chicken makes alot for 6 servings and it's 82 calories for the mix. You can put is on a bun or tortilla or chips. Last night I used a 100 calorie bun with light moz. cheese lettuce and tomatoes, it was amazing!!!! My husband, who hates diet food, didn't even know it was low cal!!!
  • jesswiggin
    jesswiggin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Southwest Chicken in a crockpot.

Serves: 6 A simple, healthy and delicious chicken recipe for the slow cooker with just 6 ingredients
    Ingredients
    2 cans (15.5 ounces) corn, drained
    1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
    6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 5 ounces each)
    Southwest seasoning blend (optional)
    1 cup low-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
    Instructions
    Combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup salsa in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
    Season the chicken with Southwest seasoning blend or salt and pepper to taste.
    Add chicken to the slow cooker.
    Top with the remaining salsa.
    Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
    Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
    Nutrition & Cooking Notes
    Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 chicken breast and 1/6 of corn and black bean mixture): 370 calories, 6 g fat, 43 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 39 g protein and 9 WW PointsPlus Value.

To prevent your chicken from drying out, you’ll want to check for doneness. Many of today’s slow cookers are much hotter than they used to be. My chicken was done in about 3.5 hours on low!

WordPress Recipe Plugin and Microformatting by EasyRecipe
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Are you to prepare lunch or buy it already prepared?

I have access to a full kitchen so I can cook or prepare anything, just can't spend a long time doing it because I have to get back to work. So they have to be easy.

Your job sounds almost as bad as mine.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I make a large version of this "salad" and eat it for a few days:

Chicken Breast (shredded)
    Garbanzo Beans - 1 can, drained
    Chopped Red Bell Pepper
    Chopped Cucumber
    Diced Tomato
    Chopped Red Onion
    Feta Cheese

Dressing:
    1/4ish cup EVOO
    A few table spoons red wine vinegar
    Dash of oregano

I don't measure much, I just throw things together until it looks pretty. It's best if you let it sit overnight. It's delicious & filling!

This sounds YUMMY!!

: ))
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like make a sandwich that uses 2 slices of whole grain wheat bread, 2 tbsp. hummus, cilantro sprigs, a few slices of tomato and onion and on occasion I will add some turkey to it. Around 200-250 calories, makes about 2-3 sandwiches and tastes great.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Two ideas:

1. Pita pizza:
    Open up a pita loaf so that you have two "crusts"
    Spray a little Pam on the insides of the loaf
    Toast them in the oven for just a minute
    Layer thin tomato slices and low-fat mozzarella cheese on top
    Brown under the broiler on low

2. Black bean salsa tacos
    Drain and rinse two cans of whole black beans
    Drain and rinse one tiny can of whole kernel corn
    One can of diced green chiles,
    a small jar of chunky salsa
    Put it all in a bowl and stir

Make "tacos" using soft corn tortillas and add a little nonfat Greek yogurt to the top, if you want to.
  • vzucco
    Options
    Are you to prepare lunch or buy it already prepared?

I have access to a full kitchen so I can cook or prepare anything, just can't spend a long time doing it because I have to get back to work. So they have to be easy.

Your job sounds almost as bad as mine.

Haha, no, actually, I LOVE doing this!
  • mollydollyk
    mollydollyk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was so fantastic. I had a salad of lettuce, carrot, radish, onion, tuna mixed with a tsp of dijon mustard, and light Italian dressing. I found these mini brie cheeses at the store recently (only 70 cal in individual package) so I sliced that and had with 4 whole wheat crackers and topped it with fresh peach slices. It was so decadent to have brie with fruit at work for lunch and I feel full from the salad. It was only 309 calories. It’s going to be a regular lunch for me now.
  • vzucco
    Options
    My lunch today was so fantastic. I had a salad of lettuce, carrot, radish, onion, tuna mixed with a tsp of dijon mustard, and light Italian dressing. I found these mini brie cheeses at the store recently (only 70 cal in individual package) so I sliced that and had with 4 whole wheat crackers and topped it with fresh peach slices. It was so decadent to have brie with fruit at work for lunch and I feel full from the salad. It was only 309 calories. It’s going to be a regular lunch for me now.

Do you mean Wee Brie? lol I love those! That is a great idea