Children Running?

Options
13»

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ******THANK YOU ALL****** I never expected this kind of response much less how POSITIVE a response from everyone. I truly appreciate all of the information and past experience you've all given me and feel so good about this. I know he will be excited to know that he gets to share this one on one time with me as well.

SHOES??? How did you all pick out shoes for the kids? Would you take them to a running store or just to foot locker and get shoes? Just want to make sure that he's ready to go :)

Again thank you all so so much! Big stress reliever!
    Honestly, I never thought about the shoes aspect! I generally get them shoes that are pretty decent and ones that they find comfortable. A lot of time I stick to the same style/brand as they move up in sizes because I already know they like them and find them comfortable. I don't know that I would get my kids running shoes at their age but maybe if they were on a track team in a few years I definitely would.

It really is hard to find the balance. I do understand needing time to be alone and recharge and make sure to get that. But I also want my family to be healthy and fit, not just me, so I really want to get the kids involved at a young age. I think as long as they are having fun and enjoying it, it's all good!