Nutella or peanutbutter.

Options
Now I love both i these and im not going to give it up, But which one is really better to eat. I had stopped eating peanut butter as its even higher in cals per spoon that nutella is, Now i just read about nutella not being good for you and is as bad as a candy bar, surely cant be that bad if all its made with is nuts cocoa and milk.

Replies

• mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I eat toast with Nutella on it every morning...some days I eat peanut butter and Nutella half and half. I love it, as long as you are not eating it by the spoonful all day (wow, that would be yuuuuummmmy) I don't see a problem with it.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    The first two ingredients are sugar and vegetable oil. Clever marketing has made it sound like a health food. It is not. But a little bit shouldn't hurt you at all
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nutella.............duh.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like half n half too but I weight it out. I only allow myself to have 15g of it a day so that cant be bad can it, thats only 84 cals in one day and its better than eating a candy bar which has over 300 cals in it, as much as i would like to eat that too lol.I eat only organic peanutbutter too, so at least that is better for me.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    http://foodwatch.com.au/additives-labels/nutella-the-full-correct-list-of-ingredients.html

Interesting article. It's Australian so the formula elsewhere for nutella maybe different.

But it says there is 55% sugar

That a hazelnut chocolate bar has more hazelnuts and less sugar
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Now I love both i these and im not going to give it up, But which one is really better to eat. I had stopped eating peanut butter as its even higher in cals per spoon that nutella is, Now i just read about nutella not being good for you and is as bad as a candy bar, surely cant be that bad if all its made with is nuts cocoa and milk.
    Sounds like a candy bar to me.
    :wink:

Nutella isn't a health food, no. It's yummy, but it's not a health food.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Nutritionally, go for the peanut butter. But just like everything else, both are fine in moderation.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Nutella is MUCH higher in sugar. PB is better. Both are delicious. Especially together LOL.