Day one, crossing my fingers...

Hello, newbie here. My endocrinologist suggested that I give this site a go, so here I am. I'm a newly 50 year old mother of three (mostly grown) children who has TONS OF WEIGHT to lose, a myriad of health problems to overcome, and a sedentary job that requires four commuting hours a day. I leave home at 6 am and return home at 7 pm or later. Needless to say, finding time to exercise is a huge challange. I'm hoping that some of you here might be able to give me some pointers as well as bolster my very week self motivation.

Here goes. Wish me well.

Replies

• GidgetW
    GidgetW Posts: 23
    Good Luck!! I have been here now for 5 days and I love it. I am a 38 yr old wife and mom of 3 boys, and have a ton of weight to lose. I have health issues that are all weight related. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • Good luck!!! Here's a pointer: Have suger free gum with you. When you have a "craving" for something that you shouldn't eat stick in a piece of gum and eat it. It has helped me. Hang in there when the road gets tough, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • hippyrejected
    hippyrejected Posts: 46 Member
    Good luck! You have taken the first step by joining here. With keeping motivation levels high you can definitely do this :)