Sign on the Wall at the Gym (pic)

Options
2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Probably something their lawyer or insurance company suggested........
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think the point is they are trying to get folks to learn proper form on lower weights before increasing to heavier loads.

There are more effective ways to do that than to spread worthless broscience around.

I don't see how that's broscience. Wouldn't broscience be lift as much as possible the worst way possible, but act like you know what you're doing....?

HA!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's probably for those guys at the gym who lift with their ego and end up hurting themselves. i see it all the time at my gym, guys using far too much weight and contorting themselves in weird angles to get the weight moving then you dont see them for a few weeks because they develop some back pain. then of course they blame the weight lifting on their injury and not the fact that they dont have proper form

in fact, i recently saw some guy throw his back out doing BB rows incorrectly
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Even I, a non-lifter, know that (more weight + lower rep) is better.

Perhaps they heard the rules that I tell my kids that I tell my kids daily and thought they might put a twist on it....
    rule #1: NO DYING
    rule #2: NO E.R. TRIPS
    rule #3: NO BREAKING YOURSELF

Because surely lifting heavy at lower reps with bad form will kill you, send you to the ER, or break you...?
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    The shocked alien cpr has always been my fav. I can laugh while re-certifying. Why would someone make those dolls silver?
  • bailleecakes
    Options
    I've heard something similar from my boss (I work retail, but she's also a certified personal trainer) and she's always telling us lower weights, higher reps because it helps metabolism or something. But I read in a health magazine that if you're starting to plateau, it's better to increase your weight instead of increase your reps.