Showing Off

Options
13»

Replies

• sneakypackrat
    sneakypackrat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In my experience, those who are less than supportive have internal issues of their own. Great work-keep it up!! It's hard to lose 15lbs!

^^^^ This I needed to hear this!! TY!!!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I was wondering if, when you get down to your goal weight, if you have anyone in particular you want to show it off to (mainly to prove to them that you did it even if they didn't think you could)?

I'd show off to my former fat self. No greater satisfaction for me.
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my mirror at the moment its hidden in my spare room i can't bear to see myself in it when I'm getting dressed. If I'm going out anywhere I just ask my husband or my sister what an outfit looks like on cos i know no matter what I'm wearing if I look in the mirror I'll hate it and refuse to leave the house.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I want to show off to my Uncle who said to me at a barbeque, "You use to be so pretty so why did you get so fat, you could've been a lesbian like your sister who is in the army". First off, my sister isn't even gay, not that it matters if she is or not but what a horrible thing to say to someone. I wanted to throttle him. I just can't wait for a family reunion so I can show him off how happy and healthy I am.

First, congratulations on your weight loss. You look stunning. Isn't family great??? The people on the face of the Earth that should be supportive and who's opinion hurts or helps the most - are often the ones who make us feel the worst. They are the ones who say, "Well, you may have lost weight, but you're still too tall". The message for you today? Be proud of what you did and get your strength from that alone. And find the people who do support you. They are out there!
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    I know look in the mirror! Instead of away
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I want to show my doctor that I can lose weight on my own. A few weeks ago he told me the only way that I could get off of my blood pressure medicine is by having weight loss surgery. I want to go back and show him that I did it on my own :-P
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say everyone has been very supportive so I don't have anyone that I can't wait to see to show them. I'd like to flaunt myself for myself because I've always been my harshest critic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!