Anyone have success stories from Metabolism Miracle program?

Options
2»

Replies

• MOsborne05
    MOsborne05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Step 1, and other than a mild headache I'm feeling great. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. My only problem is getting enough calories in because I can't eat anything with artificial sweetener so that limits a lot of the neutral foods, and I'm getting a little tired of chicken breast and salads! But I can do anything for 8 weeks. Feel free to friend me, I'd love to have some MM buddies!
  • jrosedavis
    jrosedavis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of Step 1, and I also have the mild headache. No matter how much of the plan food I eat I am still so hungry. Does anyone have any suggestions for Step 1 foods that are really filling?
  • MOsborne05
    MOsborne05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein is really filling, so I've been eating a lot of chicken breast and cottage cheese. Make sure you take advantage of the counters too because that will help to fill you up. Have 1 slice of low carb bread with your meal, or a low-carb tortilla. I use Pepperidge Farm Very Thin w/w bread, and Mama Lupe's low carb tortillas. Also, 1 Hershey's miniature is a counter, or 10 Fritos, or 15 w/w Goldfish, so you can still have some snack foods as long as you keep the amount low. You can have 1/3 c of plain Cheerios with unsweetened almond milk for breakfast too but it counts as a counter.
  • jrosedavis
    jrosedavis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helps. I've never paid attention to carbs before, so it's definitely a huge adjustment for me; just walking through the aisles of the grocery store yesterday I felt like I was literally surrounded by carbs. For me, today is day 3 of Step 1 and while I'm not as hungry I have been craving sweets more than the past two days combined. I had some sugar free jello which seems to have tamed the craving a little. I keep telling myself to just tough it out for the rest of today and then tomorrow the cravings will have (theoretically) gone away.
  • kimnmia
    kimnmia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week, although I had some slip-ups the first couple of days. I'm finding that I'm fuller MUCH longer, and on less food! I think I'm going overboard with the cheese though, lots of saturated fat and sodium there, so I'm going to cut back or switch to different types.

My weight loss hasn't been dramatic, but at least I lost a pound in the last four days!

I hope more people post to this board, LET'S SUPPORT EACH OTHER!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the book. I don't care what people say about low-carb and "fad" diets -- NOTHING, I mean NOTHING has worked for me, and I am at the end of my rope!

I was the same way - and found out I have PCOS. Low carb does work for me (when I follow it, but I'm SOOOO bad at being consistent) but I'm glad I was diagnosed so now I know WHY regular calorie counting and everything in moderation didnt' :)
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So far so good:smile: I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I've done most weight loss programs with no success. I'm currently on week 7 of stage one. I've lost 7 - 10 lbs depending on water retention. This is a total morale booster because I'm lucky to lose one pound a month watching my calories alone.
    I currently have the energy to run 4 days a week and strength train 2-3 days.
    I discovered that cheese doesn't agree with me.
    I don't crave carbs or chocolate anymore (except when TOM comes)
    I have this unbelievable motivation to not eat what others are eating. I can cook foods for my family that are not stage one and not even cheat:happy:
    I'm surrounded by cupcakes, pizza, bread and I am not in distress. Woo hoo!

I may do two to three more weeks of stage one than start introducing carbs as instructed in stage two.

One major advancement in my health is that I eat a heck of a lot more vegetables!

I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism too! I haven't found anything to really work. I'm definitely going to check out this book. I'm getting desperate! :explode:
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting.... will have to look into it.
  • junepg
    junepg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I shopped for this program yesterday and prepped some foods for work. I'm excited to get started because this is definitely what is going on with me! I will be looking for varied snacks and lunches to get me thru the next 8 weeks for work. If anyone has any easy but delicious recipe ideas please share!
  • LittleLulu13903
    Options
    I would try one of those protein bars-especially the ones by Atkins and the shakes work as well. I am on day one and seems to be going good for me. I hope I can stick with this
  • ElocinDesigns
    ElocinDesigns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to lose any more than 5 lbs in the last 6 months, after a 20 lb gain when I decided to stop taking the migraine medicine prescribed for me specifically for the side effect that was supposed to be weight loss. It wasn't working and was expensive. I regret going off it because I no longer have many clothing options that still fit.

I downloaded electronic copies of The Paleo Diet and the Metabolism Miracle books because I am at the end of my rope. I'm a Midwest girl, and I'm more inclined to try MM because I LOVE dairy products. It will be hard enough to give up skim milk for 8 weeks. I don't like that I also have to give up fruit for 8 weeks, but that seems like less of a sacrifice if I can have cheese. I just need to remember it's only for 8 weeks, and then I can start adding carbs back in.

The hardest thing for me will be meal planning as I have 2 growing and always hungry boys and a husband who would never give up carbs, AND I have a sales job where I often travel. On day 1 today, I am looking forward to eating at my favorite sushi restaurant, and plan to order tuna salad (big bowl of raw tuna with a spicy soy sauce) and a seaweed salad for lunch. This is probably not the best time to start this diet with a big 4 day design show coming up, where food and beverages flow liberally. But if get these first 3 days in (I hear they are the HARDEST) I feel I'll be less likely to at least go overboard.

Wish me luck!
  • PamMcSweeney
    PamMcSweeney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been working the program since early February, and while I don't have access to a scale, I have been measuring myself monthly (as Diana Kress suggests in the book) and have lost over 22", dropped two sizes (from a 14 to a 10). I was strict in phase one, and the first few days are horrible, but when you know that and you push through, it gets easier. Have lots of unlimited food available to eat, and eat whenever you are hungry! I found I wasn't hungry when I did that: cheese sticks, almonds, cucumbers, celery with peanut butter were my go to foods. I was also strict on phase two for the first 3 - 4 weeks, then summer vacation set in (I'm a teacher) and I've been in a phase 3 mode for the past month. I still find it strange to have to eat carbs before I go to bed, but I am faithful at doing it. I exercise 3 - 4 times a week, both cardio and strength training and have found I have so much more energy than I did before starting MM.

I suffer from hypothyroidism, am over 50 and pre-menopausal. All factors that made it difficult for me to lose any weight/inches, even when I began a 5K training routine in November. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who fits the metabolism B profile. I was very skeptical, but thought I'd give it a go, and am so glad that I did.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!