is mfp for me?!

kristinport
kristinport Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hi everyone -- I'm wondering if mfp is a good fit for me.

about myself: I'm 23/f/5'3/120lbs I recently graduated from college and have started my first job (hello sitting on my butt all day!) all my life I was an athlete and plAyed sports and was active. now I spend most of my days sitting in a car and sitting in front of a computer at work. I try to go to the gym about 4 times a week to run and lift weights and I've been trying very hard to eat healthy. HOWEVER my body has chNged and I don't like it. ive lost some muscle and I've gained some fat... ESP around my stomach hips and thighs.

my goal is to get my old body back. I have no idea how much I weighed then but I'm looking to lose about 5 lb of fat and tone up.

so I was wondering.... would mfp be a good fit for me to help me reach my goals? I'm not sure if it's for those looking to lose LOTS of weight... of if it's for all people looking to lose any amount of weight.

please let me know! and if you had any suggestions on how to get started I would
greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Mfp is a good fit. MFP is about health fitness and support. there are those trying to gain weight here too. 5 pounds or 50 it is no matter, get healthy, get happy join us!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Absolutely! Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Welcome aboard and giddy on up wit the rest of us...WARNING>>THIS SITE IS EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE:laugh: ......I log faithfully:laugh: :laugh:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    You'll learn a lot about nutrition and you'll hold yourself accountable for what you eat and how much you exercise. I'm reaching my goals, and it's no big deal to track things. I love MFP!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You'll learn a lot about nutrition and you'll hold yourself accountable for what you eat and how much you exercise. I'm reaching my goals, and it's no big deal to track things. I love MFP!!!
    I dont know why, but this made me laugh till I cried. My 2 dog babies are looking at me:huh:
    233075_5464.jpg
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Oh and welcome!! I say hurray for you! You are starting young and will get rid of the excess while it is just a wee bit.

If I had done this I wouldnt have gained 60 pounds in 15 years!

WOOT!!:flowerforyou:
  • I wondered the same thing. I have a similiar situation to yours. I am either in a car or at my desk on a computer at work. I get so antsy....I have to work out everyday, just to stay sane. LOL

I don't really "need" to lose weight. I am a healthy weight, but I too want to tone up and be more fit. This site helps so much to keep me accountable. I love it!

Welcome. :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Welcome, this site is for anyone, regardless of how big, small, etc..........

Also, no matter what eating plan you follow, this site is great for tracking it and finding like minded people.......... :bigsmile:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    I've only joined this site on Monday and I"m already seeing results. Just by working out and watching what I eat. Cutting out all the sugary food I usually eat. I've cut out soda completely. And if I want a sugary snack I pick up the weight watchers junk food. Because it's generally lower in calories than most junk food you'll find out there. I use them as a treat on the days I work out. My way of saying "Good job you...you deserve a treat for working out." Bribery. :-D Good luck. I'd be in a different boat if I had started earlier. I"m your age though, except I had a child to totally kill my figure. ;)
  • I just started my self! I think that mfp helps you to be accountable for what you are eating and how much you are exercising! I know that if I am putting what I eat in and watching the calories add up, I tend to be more careful about what I am eating and make sure I get myself to the gym!! It is a great tool! It helps if you get friends to join with you, that way you can look out for each other!! Good luck!!
  • yay thanks everyone for responding! I've started to read though he "must read" links already.. really great and informative stuff.... is there a post about nutrition specific and meal ideas?
  • I agree w/everyone whose replied. I lost a lot of weight in High School & was the smallest I've ever been when I was 21 because of my lifestyle. Since then I've gained most of it back b/c of lifestyle changes, mostly occupation & having done my Master's Degree while working full-time. I wish I'd started this journey when I was your age because I would have been at my goal weight years ago :(
This discussion has been closed.