Cinderella's weight loss knowledge

Options

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    YAYY You're amazing every single person on MFP should read this.

My favorite part:

Some looking for a quick fix because 'they are fat' turn to a VLCD, though what they're initially doing is quickly depleting glycogen stores and slowing their metabolism. Donating blood also works to lose weight quickly. Both Glycogen and blood comes back in a healthy body, so it's eventually a losing battle. It's like Cinderella at 12 O'Clock after she lost her bloody glycogen shoe. When things go back to 'normal', everything is going to revert to equilibrium. But that doesn't mean she needs a VLCD ferry to get what she wants. Have your pumpkin carriage and eat it too (have I gone to far yet?).

Hilarious!

Well written and cited and thought out, thank you!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Man it's worse then my birthday for bumps in here ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :) You cheered up my day. I wasn't expecting replies to be so....grateful ;)

:flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flowerforyou: Thank You For Sharing This Great Information!!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info..will come back later to read more intently :flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Whatta nerd ;)

Love it...I'll read it later when I have more time :)
  • chantalm15
    chantalm15 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really object to the fact that you are saying 22.9 is the highest healthy BMI. That is false. You should change your information on that issue because it discredits the rest of what you have to say, which is actually very valuable.
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    and another bump for the morning
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I really object to the fact that you are saying 22.9 is the highest healthy BMI. That is false. You should change your information on that issue because it discredits the rest of what you have to say, which is actually very valuable.
    Nowhere did I say that 22.9 is the absolute highest value. There are several bmi charts like I mentioned all the ones I have come across include that in their normal, tho some of the international charts list 22.9 as the highest healthy value. So no, it is not false for some versions. I mentioned most bmi charts include that range as healthy. I did not say it is the highest. Kinda surprised after hinting that I do not like the bmi scale (basically because of reasons like these) the only critique is people want to hear that the healthy range should be higher. It is in places. And some people would still be in the obese section because of muscles. It is what it is. There are other ways to judge health (thank goodness).

You look fantastic btw. You are ripped!
  • Myzztique
    Myzztique Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump for later.
    Thank you for the great info.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :laugh: When I'm on a desktop.
  • MarleeRayne
    MarleeRayne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Whew!!!!
    Intense read!

Bumping for later....
    When I have my dictionary handy. :laugh:

Thanks a bunch!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump for later! :)
  • jodi8785
    jodi8785 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this was great! it really changes the way I think of things!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Looks like everything I've learned in my nutrition textbooks - the scientific approach indeed :) I only skimmed but everything looked good to me. Seal of approval from a future dietitian.

Woo ;) Goodluck on your future endeavours.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    BEST. POST. EVER.

Thanks very much x
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are awesome.
  • teganpreston
    teganpreston Posts: 12 Member
    Options