Looking at each others meals

Options
I wish there was a way we could take a peek at each other's meals or daily food intake - to get some ideas. I tend to get in a 'rut' and just eat the same exact thing every week ---- I'd like some new ideas - and wish I could just look at some of yall's daily food entries! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• lilrookiesmom
    Options
    I wish there was a way we could take a peek at each other's meals or daily food intake - to get some ideas. I tend to get in a 'rut' and just eat the same exact thing every week ---- I'd like some new ideas - and wish I could just look at some of yall's daily food entries! :):flowerforyou:
  • jlruhlman
    Options
    i eat lots of lean cuisines and smart ones. they have a huge variety so it doesnt get old. they even have deserts! :love: besides the lean cuisines and smart ones the rest of the day i eat fruits, veggies, and the 100 calorie snack packs. for breakfast i have the low sugar oatmeal. hope that gives you some new ideas!
  • Salema
    Salema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat from the outside of the store perimeter only. No processed food. I also eat 6 times a day. My grandparents lived to be a hundred and she smoked. She just always believed that the body couldn't break down processed by man not God. A typical lunch or even a snack would consist of 1/2 cup fruit, 1/2 cup raw or steamed veggies, 2-4 oz of lean meat and water. I have to admit I love diet soda but i'm trying to cut back to 1 can per day now.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had sent an email to someone with a few of my staples. I do like to change things up a bit so as not to get bored. Sometimes I will do hummus, etc for a week, then switch to sandwiches, etc. Just depending on my mood.

*Trader Joes Cinnamon Crumpets: 110 calories, 0 fat (great breakfast with a banana or yogurt)
    *Trader Joes Roasted Veggie Enchiladas: 300 calories for the whole tray
    *Trader Joes Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads: 90 calories and 3 g fat per serving (delish)
    *Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with Rice): 120 calories and 3.5 g of fat per serving. (They really help my craving for chips. You can have 38 of them per serving and they almost taste like cool ranch doritos to me)
    *Trader Joes Extra Lean Ground Beef Patties: 150 Calories, 5 g fat per serving
    *Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Pomegranate/Cranberry Bran Muffins: 100 calories, 1.5 g fat and 13 grams fiber!

Other staples (not Trader Joes)
    *Progresso low-sodium soups
    *Mccains oven roasted potatoes
    *Butterball or Healthy Ones lunch meats
    *Pepperidge Farm Light Whole Wheat bread
    *Frozen veggies (peas, spinach, mixed veggies, broccoli, etc)
    *Sweet potatoes
    *Yoplait Lite Yogurts
    *Low-Sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal (very filling!)
    *Eggo Lite Nutri-Grain Waffles
    *Sugar Free Maple Syrup
    *Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries
    *Sargento Lite Provolone Slices
    *Jello Sugar-Free Pudding Cups (60 Calories)
    *South Beach Diet Southwest Style Chicken Salad Kit (usually around the lunchables area)REALLY good
    *100 Cal Packs (various)
    *Old London Melba Snacks (Garlic and Rye are my favs)
    *Josephs Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (I spread on the melba snacks)
    *Josephs Tortillas (usually sold around the deli section of the grocery store)
    *Various Lean Cuisine, WW meals, Healthy Choice, etc
    *Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa (one packet is 25 calories, I often have 2 for a bigger mug of it! lol)
    *Liquid Egg Whites
    *100 Cal English Muffins
    *Chicken Breast
    *Honey Roasted Wheat Germ
    *Morningstar Farms Sausage Patties

One thing that is a great, easy and filling meal?? The WW Smartones Chicken Santa Fe (It's VERY low calories and full of veggies and flavor) and I put it on a baked potato. Sometimes I will put a dollop of ff sour cream on top.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way....eating these foods in moderation and keeping my calories around 1500-1600 helped me lose 61 lbs since early September. I have now lowered my calories to 1400-1500, but I am far from starving and a lot of these foods are very filling and keep me satisfied. I also make sure to drink at least 72 ounces of water every day. I have these cups I got from IKEA...big, blue things and each one holds 24 ounces. I drink one first thing in the morning before I allow myself coffee. It's a good "incentive" to get my coffee! lol And my goal is to drink 3 of them a day (if not more)
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I always start my day with a banana. Only because I don't have time to sit down and have breakfast right away. About 1-2 hrs later, I eat a bowl of oatmeal (not the flavored kind) with 1/2 cup of rasp (normally frozen) and a bit of cinnamon.

Snack: 1/2 cup plain yogourt with 1/4 cup granola or
    1 large apple with 30g cheese

Lunch: Organic spring mix lettuce with 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon and veggie of my choice. I normally add 2 tbls of low fat dressing or I'll eat 1 can of chicken and rice soup with 11 triscuits thins (if I didn't have cheese in the morning would eat it with the triscuits)

Snack: 1 fruit or veggies or
    light popcorn or 1 cup of corn bran

Dinner: depending on exercise
    2-4 oz of meat, and vegetables. I love the onion, mushroom and tomato combo. Very filling and low in calories.
    sometimes when meat is low, I'll have 85g of pasta mix with veggies.

I don't normally eat after dinner (since I started a little over a week ago). I started writting in a journal and it seems to take my hunger away in the evening.
  • lilrookiesmom
    Options
    Thanks so so much "yall". These will so so come in handy - this weekend I will sit down and make a new grocery list! I am excited how much progress I've made - and I know I will reach my goal this time. I can't believe I haven't done this before! Have an awesome day! :):flowerforyou:
  • lilrookiesmom
    Options
    What is Trader Joe's?

I'm making my grocery list for the week so I finally went back to your suggestions --- and I wrote down so many of them, so thank you! But I don't knwo what Trader Joes is. Will I find that in the frozen section of any grocery store?!

Thanks! :)
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    In my area, Portland Oregon and Vancouver Washington, Trader Joe's is the name of a store. My friend from California shops when she comes to visit her mother and makes an awesome seafood soup of some kind. You have to google it to see if you have one in your area. I don't even know if it's online or the name of a product line--but I know it's a store....good luck with it because I've heard they have awesome things in there.
  • rhondababy
    Options
    We have Trader Joe's all over the San Francisco Bay are too- I love it!
    They may only be on the north/west coast.
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    trader joes are the best! We have the in phoenix and i love them.
    When i was home at christmas I saw they open one in marietta georgia.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    We have them here in the East Coast too....love trader joe's!
    :flowerforyou:

a usual day for me consists of

breakfast:
    Coffee and Fat Free Vanilla Creamer
    Fiberone bar
    piece of fruit like plum or nectarine or two clementines

lunch:
    pumpkin soup I make and nice veggie salad w/ a bit of feta and balsamic vinegar or lean turkey breast, swiss and lettuce and tomato on a toasted multigrain light english muffin (100 cals and 8 gm fiber woo hoo) and a piece of fruit

snacks:
    fruit, apple w/ p&b, light 100 cal yogurt, lite cottage cheese and wheat crackers....etc...

dinners:
    Chicken, fish or turkey burger 3 oz usually, big salad, steamed veggies or sauted veggies, baked pot/sweet potato or pasta...or I make fajitas...yum!

fruit if I need it later ....and LOTS OF WATER! I only drink water or coffee in the am ...lol...I have to say I'm blessed w/ not liking soda or juices...lol

good luck w/ all the new ideas...I'm certainly gonna take some of the advice too!
    hugs,
    Ali
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I try to stay off the process food as well. It is hard though. Things like bread and ketchup are hard to live without entirely... I also try to stick with organics, its expensive but it just makes sense to me.

here a sample of a normal day

toast with homemade sugarfree apple sauce or banana
    something protein, (1 boiled egg, or cheese or peanut butter)

1 fresh juice made with a juicer ( that my treat of the day, youll never go back to sugar filled drinks)

salad with bunch of veggies and feta cheese
    either lemon juice or balsamic vinegar

75g of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce
    vegetarian chicken or something else protein
    boiled veggie of some kind

1 fruit or 100g of yogurt

1 small bol of cereal (high fiber musli or bran flakes)
    with soy milk and raisins

hope that helps !!
    may
  • lilrookiesmom
    Options
    Thank you! THe salad with feta & balsamic sounds great - I love both of those things a lot!

Tomorrow we're going shopping for the week with my new menu! Yay

Thanks again!
  • sinclairel
    Options
    Trader Joe's is a fabulous grocery store.
    Check it out: http://www.traderjoes.com/
    They have low prices, too.

Typical menu:

*Breakfast*
    Banana
    non-fat Milk
    Bran Flakes with 1 tsp flax meal

*Am snack*
    Apple

*Lunch:*
    Lean ground turkey ( taco seasoned)
    small salad (turkey on top)

*Afternoon snack:*
    veggies

*Dinner;*
    tilapia fillet with lemon
    steamed veggies
    brown rice or couscous

*Dessert:*
    1-2 pieces of dove dark chocolate (there are 5 pieces in a suggested serving)
    (If I don't treat myself a little I'm prone to cheating on the diet)
  • lilrookiesmom
    Options
    Thanks again everybody!