What to do with grapes?

Options
Tenoreo90
Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
I really am a fruitaholic lately...but no matter how hard I try, I canNOT eat through a bag of grapes before they go bad. I'm the only one in the house that'll eat them, but I wonder if I cook/bake with them if they would get eaten sooner. :]

Any ideas?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just freeze them.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You could freeze them and use them in a shake of some sort!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one that eats them here. But I eat 30 of them a day. That is two fruits for me on the plan I'm doing. If you can't eat then freeze them. At our stores here you can buy the larger bag or get a smaller bag and put the amount of grapes in that you want.
  • herbagal
    herbagal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can freeze them. It's fun to eat frozen grapes.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wow...dont usually make it home with any...but I do have 2 little grape monsters :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me a recipe for a grape sorbet ...

You can also put them in your shakes, freeze them for later, make home made grape jam/jelly, or make pie with them! Yum!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I add 5 red globe grapes with half a ya pear to 4% cottage cheese 1/4 cup hazelnut pieces and 1/8 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon. Its a side dish I eat with 3 eggs in the morning as well as with beef and veggies for lunch.

Frozen grapes make for excellent protein smoothies as well.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    feed them to chickens, who will turn them into food for you.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you could make a chicken salad with red grapes, walnuts or pecans, chopped boiled chicken, chopped celery, and light mayo/greek yogurt.
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me a recipe for a grape sorbet ...

You can also put them in your shakes, freeze them for later, make home made grape jam/jelly, or make pie with them! Yum!

So whats the recipe?!?!
  • alissacataldo
    alissacataldo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy lowfat vanilla yogurt and dip the grapes in them and put them on a cookie sheet, and pop in the freezer. Once they are frozen you could throw them in a plastic freezer bag and they are DELICIOUS!!!
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you could make a chicken salad with red grapes, walnuts or pecans, chopped boiled chicken, chopped celery, and light mayo/greek yogurt.

Yum that sounds nice!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love, love love, love frozen grapes. If you leave them out for just a bit they taste like popsicles. MMMMM!!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I freeze them as well - make sure to spread them out in a single layer first, so they don't stick together.

I also keep them in the fridge, it helps them last longer.

Try and get smaller bags too, if you can.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    I freeze them..and put them in tuna and chicken salads